SAU Community

Importing Through "import Factory"

Grey

...Patrick are you actually asking something there or are you just pulling a "me" and rambling for ten minutes while you work out your own thought processes ....

...i know i do that, a lot.

haha

hilarious post by the way. i love the "startling inability to cook"

hmm... as a song in a very insightful film once said... if you're gonna be dumb, you have to be tough..

...not saying that you're dumb... just saying maybe it's time to get tough..

i totally understand and hell - empathise with what you're saying though about how you're "stupid" with money...

i personally spend like it's going out of fashion... i have a sad and rare condition where i'm completely addicted to holidaying, buying entire new wardrobes whilst abroad, buying car mods and the likes.. i'm terrible...

the thing that keeps me with a level head - is that i KNOW to only spend money that is money belonging to me..

i made myself hate the idea of somebody making money off my money.

i hated the idea that someone makes a thousand dollars from me spending $2000.

why should i work and pay more money for a material posession that won't mean jack sh1t when i die?

start thinking things like that, and it will open your mind to a while new way of thinking.

why pay 18% interest on a 2 thousand dollar television?

think about what a short amount of time it takes you to save for it.. and have it as YOUR tv. not the banks.

same goes with "radio rentals"

so rohan is essentially saying pay your debts off first THEN save and THEN buy your dream car.

I was in your shoes 10 yrs ago. 15k in debt with AGC/GE finance. they were making 25% a month of me until I cried enough and put every cent I had into getting rid of it. you should do the same in my opinion then buy the R34 NUR you want. ($45k btw). pateince is a virtue.

in my case (and because I'm capable of it) I tend to build most of my cars now. same idea save and spend my money amd cot the banks.

now if you are really savvy and can afford to drive a shitbox for a few years - buy a unit/house clear that , sell it THEN you will have the money to also buy your dream car AND possibly another unit.

my 2c on the matter.

once again thanks guys and yes i guess i was pulling a 'you' and thinking out loud, who needs to blog or keep a rambling stream of word spaghetti diary when you have SAU!

as for the 18% on a 2k tv, thats why i pay off the harvey norman stuff in time, no way im going to pay 30% interest, even i have my limits..

The most i pay is on my anz card which is up to about 22k now and charges 19% interest..now that i see that in black and white it does sober me up a little more re the GTR but if our dollar goes back to 70cents will getting one soonish offset that a little? Also how long are there going to be 2nd hand R34s floating around the japanese markets? I know it costs a lot to keep old cars over there and coming up on ten years for some of them the pool could dry up?

ok enough rambling for now, im glad I finally posted something which raised a smile.

well done re the avoiding plastic by the way eps, if i could turn back time a coupla years i would probably do the same, but once your on the slippery slope..

once again thanks guys and yes i guess i was pulling a 'you' and thinking out loud, who needs to blog or keep a rambling stream of word spaghetti diary when you have SAU!

thats what this place is for - somewhat.

as for the 18% on a 2k tv, thats why i pay off the harvey norman stuff in time, no way im going to pay 30% interest, even i have my limits..

The most i pay is on my anz card which is up to about 22k now and charges 19% interest..now that i see that in black and white it does sober me up a little more

good. pay that off first. :)

re the GTR but if our dollar goes back to 70cents will getting one soonish offset that a little? Also how long are there going to be 2nd hand R34s floating around the japanese markets? I know it costs a lot to keep old cars over there and coming up on ten years for some of them the pool could dry up?

there are still plenty around. finding a good one in 10 yrs time may prove a bit expensive but by then you will have your head screwed on straight and be able to afford it anyway.

same goes with the guys looking for the R32's they are out there just not cheap.

ok enough rambling for now, im glad I finally posted something which raised a smile.

well done re the avoiding plastic by the way eps, if i could turn back time a coupla years i would probably do the same, but once your on the slippery slope..

the slope does level out :) trust me on that.

Okay, so it's been more than 1 week now, I'm pretty sure Iron Chef would have replied to me by now.

Either:

1) He's not interested in me because my budget is too low for importing a 25GT N/A so he can't be bothered with me as it isn't as profitable to him or

2) None of my messages have been delivered to him including 2 emails, 1 SMS and 1 SAU AU private message over ONE whole week ago.

He told me one and a half days and it's not that I'm impatient or anything, it's just that I want to get the details ASAP, pay Iron Chef, and wait it out while the car is being imported to Australia. The bits during the import process that I can go fast in I will go fast, the importing shipping bit (the slow bit) I can wait it out, so please don't nag me about the impatient talk again because I'm just being realistic.

this is turning out to be quite a tread

i see XXXXXX being slammed and now XXXXXX is being accused of customer service !!!!!!!

just speaking with my own experience.... importing is a very SLOW process "2 cars now"

SAU has being around for sometime and all through that time 90% people have recommended all above mentioned brokers

it only natural for any business have bad days and have few pissed off clients

as for financial advise not sure

something like R34 GTR is always going to be expensive proposition and that even if you get the car for free

i owned R33 GTST, V35 before but the GTR is quite a bit more expensive to deal with, so unless you can afford maintenance and upkeep.. it best to wait till you can

when i was going through auctions with J-Spec, there were tons of R34 GTR and V-Spec 1/2 (NUr and M-Spec different, but i was not looking at them)

so there not going to run out anytime soon

as for the Car, i waited almost 5 months from signing up with J-Spec to me in the car "ask chris :) " but it was bloody worth it - GTR34 is a kind beast

Okay, so it's been more than 1 week now, I'm pretty sure Iron Chef would have replied to me by now.

Either:

1) He's not interested in me because my budget is too low for importing a 25GT N/A so he can't be bothered with me as it isn't as profitable to him or

2) None of my messages have been delivered to him including 2 emails, 1 SMS and 1 SAU AU private message over ONE whole week ago.

He told me one and a half days and it's not that I'm impatient or anything, it's just that I want to get the details ASAP, pay Iron Chef, and wait it out while the car is being imported to Australia. The bits during the import process that I can go fast in I will go fast, the importing shipping bit (the slow bit) I can wait it out, so please don't nag me about the impatient talk again because I'm just being realistic.

lol ok I THINK I found your email and replied to it - if it wasn't you, then let me know.

1) You can buy a Ferrari or a DR30, they will each make me $990.

2) You should've got an auto-reply saying that you can expect to wait up to 2 weeks for a reply, and that if it's urgent give me a call...

3) The only time I nag is when people are slow paying their bills to my suppliers ;)

lol ok I THINK I found your email and replied to it - if it wasn't you, then let me know.

1) You can buy a Ferrari or a DR30, they will each make me $990.

2) You should've got an auto-reply saying that you can expect to wait up to 2 weeks for a reply, and that if it's urgent give me a call...

3) The only time I nag is when people are slow paying their bills to my suppliers ;)

Oh sorry, I meant that it would be too hard for you to find a car at that price because I was asking for too much. Don't worry thanks for the e-mail and no I didn't receive any auto-message reply. Furthermore, last week I went to "import factory aka kamikaze imports" the dealer wasn't in...what the? So they took my details and promised to give me a call, and guess what... call never came, so to be honest the customer service there was kind of slack, it's kind of the customer chasing the dealer for a car rather than the other way around.

Thanks Kristian for your email! =D

@chris rogers,

how did u make my quote bits all nice and blue? much nicer than my version where its just some quotation marks..anyway cheers again, looks like its gonna take patience whether i try and import one asap or wait until the debt isnt as astronomical. There is a lot to be said for anticipation but daaamn..

@iron chef

you still got this one ?

http://www.ironchefi...d=417&Itemid=30

such a pity its a track car only, absolutely gorgeous

oh and btw your site is much nicer than J-specs though they seem to have a lot more featured cars. been lazy or fussy? :P

i like how your make a comment on each car whereas other sites just provide specs.

jspec has some freaky cars too, ie. jeremy clarksons actual Gallardo and the Delorean from back to the future for 30k, nice.

@Maclaren

so did you end up with the sweet ride that is an R34 in the end or happy with the V35? i know all about maintainence costs, the R33 is constantly needing upkeep and people keep telling me it now needs a respray but then i realised i dont love it enough to go that far. if im going to be forking out for 'living' costs it might as well be on something i love.

good to know theres plenty still out there and looks like the dollar is going to be high for a while yet..

Edited by hamiltonau

lol I'm sure there'd be a workshop who would comply it :S

And my lack of stock is partly flat-out, partly my site is an old clunker that makes it really hard to upload new stock in a hurry, and partly because I only list cars from buyers I regularly use.

this is turning out to be quite a tread

i see XXXXX being slammed and now XXXXX is being accused of customer service !!!!!!!

just speaking with my own experience.... importing is a very SLOW process "2 cars now"

SAU has being around for sometime and all through that time 90% people have recommended all above mentioned brokers

it only natural for any business have bad days and have few pissed off clients

as for financial advise not sure

something like R34 GTR is always going to be expensive proposition and that even if you get the car for free

i owned R33 GTST, V35 before but the GTR is quite a bit more expensive to deal with, so unless you can afford maintenance and upkeep.. it best to wait till you can

when i was going through auctions with J-Spec, there were tons of R34 GTR and V-Spec 1/2 (NUr and M-Spec different, but i was not looking at them)

so there not going to run out anytime soon

as for the Car, i waited almost 5 months from signing up with J-Spec to me in the car "ask chris :) " but it was bloody worth it - GTR34 is a kind beast

it was a bit of a wait. I got word of it sept I think for a job I had to do on it. got the car about jan and then it cleared compliance then I got it late jan/feb.

nice toy btw.

@chris rogers,

how did u make my quote bits all nice and blue? much nicer than my version where its just some quotation marks..anyway cheers again, looks like its gonna take patience whether i try and import one asap or wait until the debt isnt as astronomical. There is a lot to be said for anticipation but daaamn..

been around a while :)

seriously.

(quote)

block of txt to quote

(/quote)

change ( ) to [ ]

AND

pay your bills first! :)

ahhh

cheers Chris posts should look a bit tidier now..though it looks like that didnt work?

oh and bills, schmills..

edit- added slashie yet still no blue :(

Edited by hamiltonau

ahhh

cheers Chris posts should look a bit tidier now.

oh and bills, schmills..

------

fixed. you dropped a / out of the last one.

turn quote on then turn quote off :)