SAU Community

My New Ride, And Move To The Dark Side.

From everything I have read on E90POST there is no issues with the transmission handling larger amounts of power.

They are basically the same type of gearbox as what the R35 GTR uses and as we all know, the only reason they have broken in the R35 is due to AWD launches in a heavy, powerfull car. Obviously the M3 doesn't have this problem.

From everything I have read on E90POST there is no issues with the transmission handling larger amounts of power.

They are basically the same type of gearbox as what the R35 GTR uses and as we all know, the only reason they have broken in the R35 is due to AWD launches in a heavy, powerfull car. Obviously the M3 doesn't have this problem.

This is correct! The gearbox has comfortably handled over 500rwhp. Kits producting more power recommend the six speed transmission although i don't think customers running higher power levels have had issues, however they don't recommend it. The box uses a dual clutch system and isn't like an 'automatic' DSG type setup, quite similar to the R35 i believe.

congrats dude looks ace :thumbsup:

looking at getting a E46 M3 myself later this year. ///M cars are easily the best all rounders

however with E92 sort of money i personally would've looked into an Audi RS4

either way i think you made the right choice getting the M3 over a GTR

enjoy :cheers:

No I like this, it beats irrational fanship for a vehicle. No matter how awesome a car is, it's not going to be the best at everything for everyone (common on many other car forums).

Exactly. If you are a true "enthusiast" you love a car for what it is, not because it is a particular make or model.

I love Skylines, however I love a thousand other cars aswell. Each for specific purposes.

I absolutely hate people that say they are into cars yet then say the best cars are *insert car make here* and all other cars are shit. M3's are fantastic cars and any one that says other wise is an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

I'm with this guy^

Some people won't even test drive a brand of car they don't like. You're missing out! Every manufacturer has something to offer.

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

is this a skylines forum? why is everyone applauding a switch to the darkside? the bimmer looks great and im sure its very fast but wheres the loyalty? :geek:

Actually it's really not all that fast compared to a lot of vehicles on the forum, but that wasn't the reason behind buying it. A true enthusiast will appreciate a nice example of any vehicle regardless of the badge.

Exactly. If you are a true "enthusiast" you love a car for what it is, not because it is a particular make or model.

I love Skylines, however I love a thousand other cars aswell. Each for specific purposes.

I absolutely hate people that say they are into cars yet then say the best cars are *insert car make here* and all other cars are shit. M3's are fantastic cars and any one that says other wise is an idiot.

Couldn't agree more.

nice car, the way it looks now is awesome better than the last pic...my 2c, but the ess would kick ass :D

Actually i've had mixed opinions about which wheels look better. The only other differences on that car are the c/f bits which i think make the car look a bit more aggressive :)

Here's an E92 M3 track car from the US with a bit of JDM influence. Love it or hate it, it looks very aggressive.

http://www.m3post.co...ad.php?t=477317

One of the guys on the forums didn't like it and commented "yuk, why didnt they just buy a skyline" lol.

Absolutely love this thing! Such an amazing build, really looking forward to see videos from the track.

If you thought that was tough check this thing out - http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461110

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I will be attending a few SAU cruises.. if you'll still have me :D

I'm with this guy^

Some people won't even test drive a brand of car they don't like. You're missing out! Every manufacturer has something to offer.

I dare you to test drive any proton, fiat or ssanyong & tell me that again

==========================

Oh wow well done on the M3, had a chance to drive one around for a week for work. I iz officially jealous :yes:

They're still offering something. And that's cheap, economical motoring. Point is, there is a reason the manufacturer/car is still around and that's because the cars are good at something. It's just like a lot of Jap fans on these forums can't appreciate the appeal to Aussie sedans. But if you can appreciate these things that make the cars worthy of existence, then you are a true enthusiast IMO.

I dare you to test drive any proton, fiat or ssanyong & tell me that again

==========================

Oh wow well done on the M3, had a chance to drive one around for a week for work. I iz officially jealous :yes:

Proton:

proton-inspira-2011...jpg

Proton-Inspira-20.jpg

Fiat:

w080219_3a.jpg

Ssangyong:

chairman1.jpg

^This is the weak one, lol.

the true test will be- drive the R35 and compare it to your M3. Proof will be in the pudding. Dependig on the sweet talk you could even get the R35 for a day n really find out the truth...

not sure on purchase prices but which ever is cheaper consider spending the additional money on mods n see where the equation gets you...

my 2c.

P.S. M3's rule. Still hanging for my 2002 M5 'daily' ;)