SAU Community

best alarm for my gtr

Guest RedLineGTR

Have a Look at black wire based ones most brand are just as good as each other, you usally pay for the brand in that price range, a major part is where the alarm installer installs the unit etc from the thief if they get into the car. Hard to define a brand cos eac have there pro's and con's what features would u want?? eg. like auto start etc :)

if i had a GTR i sure as hell would be spending more than $500 on my alarm, but im sure u have reasons 4 it, and pls dont tell me its cause u just dont wanna spend to much!!!

mongoose are good and u can prolly get a decent one for around $500, also brands like flashpoint, cobra, pirahna and viper are good.....actually anything that sounds like an animal that could kill ya pretty quick is a safe bet.

make sure u get black wired and try for at least 3point immob.

and play dealers and installers off against each other as they will usually drop their prices considerably to beat their competitors, that and the fact that they are grossly overpriced to begin with.

good luck mate

Andrew.

Personaly im going for a Boomerang, which costs $1000

The Brant Nemisis is also in that range. Quiktrak is $2k installed then $300 a year, but I have been told doesn't work well in car parks/underground and is only a 3 point immobiliser so can leave you vulnerable to parts theft.

According to Brant, all of these alarms will be upgradable with a tracking module when it becomes available (at the moment there is only some vague "watch out for this feature" statement on their website).

LW.

http://www.brant.com.au/

They range from $350 - over $1000 "but this includes install". Now, lots of people like to do their own but its a job you dont need to do, I have personally watched them do several and the guy is good at what he does, havent had any probs with thier system, I would go for thier base alarm with key pad (six digit security code imobilisation) its about the $500 mark..

If you go for a boom-and- bang (Boomerang) it needs to be set up properly and I have heard of many issues with them, ask amaru, there biggest point is the remote start and pager, which is great if you want your car to jump into another car or a curb? or you want dick heads to be paging u everytime they walk past your car.

I have a mate also with a talking alarm, it scares the shit out of people and has the keep away form me affect.. they seam to work well, how ever they go off all the time...

If you get a cheep alarm you open your self to all kinds of trouble, such as having to re-do the job cause its failing, get one that just goes off all the time for no reason, or one that just dont work..

I would once again recommend brant, they do it for you, they warant both the alarm and the install, and they are not that highly priced, and they will go to just about anywhere..

PLUS if you organise more than one car you can get discounts for it.. if people in canberra wanna organise a few to get them let me know and I will organise something as I am planning to get one done myself.