SAU Community

1J And 2J Engine Flaws

OP maybe divert the argument to his wrap-around dash?

Why do people think that there is a set percentage or a set number being lost through transmission and diff? There's a reason the equations to predict mechanical loss are so complicated: the system is complicated. As said above, it's not linear (ie: no set percentage loss applies through the rpm and different throttle positions).

2jz are shit.. OKE020 just blew his engine apart with only 1200HP after running a 7.97 after running 8's for years.

what a shit engine.

Sounds like a hero, may I have his address so that I may send him a medal for accomplishing something no Nissan has ever done ?

On a seperate note...and this is car related...stop calling the supra a boat...its not that bad...as N1GTR pointed out in that youtube clip...stock vs stock it got ahead of a r33gtr...so it can't be that bad...

TT Supra weighs less than an R33 or R34 GTR.

pfft you dont hear of any rb lines that are repeated constantly after hollywood created one of the most accurate depictions of the modified car seen, The fast and furious.

"2j no shit!"

/thread end :D

The major flaw... 1/2j's have their turbos on the wrong f**king side :D haha yeah lets have fun f**king around with exhausts running along and being in the way of steering colums n shit

You know what I hate, f**king 2jz and supra fanboys, if your not responding to the thread (as some people have done) then f**k off this isn't Mike Munroes "2JZ this your your f**king life"

Or atleast post f**king tits so I can fap to something instead of thinking about toyotas.<br><br>http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59229023791<br>

Edited by Nee-san

Lol I think someone forgot to take their meds today ..

Fwiw this thread isn't even about 2jz... Or supeas... It's about 1jz soarers...

Which are better cars than skylines anyway. I would know. I have one.

Sssooooooo that means that youre dumb.

No Eps, but that's what it has become, a writhing mass of toyota faggotry.

Yeah, better if your entering the sydney to hobart, but even then that Wild Oats XI would probably still cane it, using the natural powers of the wind and the will of Poseidon.

lets face it how long is a piece of string.

the only way to compare both engines is brand new without a single modification.

all this talk about one is better than the other becuase it will hold 1500hp vs 1300hp etc is not a comparrision of anything other than the factory block that has been modified grout filled and so on.

The race to 400kws at the wheels you can't beat the 2j as a cheap single turbo conversion and basic fuel, cooler, ecu tune and clutch. the internals are more than capable of holding this power daily for many years. Some may have valve stem issues over the years but in the scheme of things the cost to replace those is hardly worht mentioning. Obviously there are always exceptions to this where a 2j could have been poorly serviced and thrashed before arriving here, which may blow with a mild boost increase.

An rb is going to require rebuild to maintain 400kws at the wheels which immediately doubles the cost (yes some can complete this in the backyard but reality is most wont or cant) to achieve this goal. it will also require the same fuel etc upgrades. the gear boxes "can" start to have issues (exception of the GTR which has a similar box to supra) which can also increase the costs.

either way they're both equally as good as each other. where one lacks the other pics up. one loves to rev the other not as much. Its comapring apples with oranges.

Correct, silly topic that has lost the plot.

As the O.P. has a GTR, he must be familiar with its many flaws.

Man-up and agree that Toyota can make good and bad products, just as Nissan can.

Once you shift the topic to modified engines, the length of string theory applies but............

If you want to mod a 2JZ cheaply, there's lots of options:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-2JZ-GT45-TURBO-KIT-SUPRA-SC300-IS300-2JZ-GTE-14P-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0d4c4903QQitemZ180611729667QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

oh in case any of you HAVEN'T noticed... i'm just saying things to piss NEE-SAN off. i have nothing to prove.

but seeing as he made a very original joke in comparing soarers to boats:

in stock form.. taken from wikipedia:

neo RB25 = 206 kW at 6400 and 362 Nm @ 3200 rpm

VVTi 1jz = 210 kW at 6200 and 379 Nm @ 2400rpm

^^^however both these figures are as always... rumoured to be higher

these differences are minor. but still. put the two against each other.. 1j makes moar power and moar torque at lower revs.

and it can do it a lot more reliably and do it for a lot more km than the RB25 can unfortunately...

...and now on to your hilarious yacht comment. firstly - i don't care that you have said that. all i'm saying is, it's not funny, it's not original, and you're not creative.

secondly - please, KEEP thinking that. it will help keep knuckle dragging mouth breathing halfwits like you out of soarers.

but let's have a bit of a chat, shall we?

my 1997 vvti soarer Lpackage toyota weighs: 1,540kg

a comparatively aged nissan skyline GTT weighs: 1,410 kg

okay so it's a total of 130kg heavier.

but let's have a quick look at the things MY SOARER has from the factory that a GTT R34 does NOT have.

toyota's safe-T-cell side impact technology

cruise control

sunroof

air purifier

leather upholstery

an aircon vent aimed at my balls so my balls don't get hot.

larger seating capacity and more leg room for my rear passengers

electric seats. with electric lumbar support

digital display which displays the outside temp. how much fuel i have left in my tank. the time. what gear i'm in etc

a digital dash

TEMS electronic in-cockpit damper adjustable suspension

electronic controlled blow off valve

traction control

torsen LSD

and lasty. my soarer does ALL THIS and does it for about 10.4km per litre. oh. and i have very tight coilovers. soooooooo... kinda not a boat anymore.

there is literally NO comparison between soarer and skyline. their price from new will reflect this. they are not and were never marketed to same markets.

soarer is a dedicated luxury sport coupe

skyline is a sport coupe with a sedan counterpart

for what it's worth - the Jzz30 soarer had a career innings of ten years. it had a facelift in 1996. and received a few minor improvements along it's timeline...

..but it had an innings of ten years.

skyline went through three generations in this time... :)

reality is - they're BOTH awesome cars..

another thing that shits me about modern day "import scene"

the battle used to be holden vs ford.

there were people who thought ... fk yas. they're both shit.

those people imported silvias, 180sx. skylines. supra, soarer, FTO, lanevo, delica spacegear, RX7, cefiro, laurel, gloria, cima, celsior, chaser, markII, cresta.

and we ALL used to get along. about ten years ago, SAU and silvia clubs used to cruise together. there would BE no rivalry.

i'd be in a 180, they'd be in a lanevo, he'd be in RX7. who cares. we're all in IMPORTS.

nowadays the hottest topic to discuss is which 14 year old import is better. one that was marketed as an entry level sports coupe or a much more expensive luxury grand tourer.

wisen up - doesn't matter what you drive! ALL our cars are better than a hyundai. and that's what counts!

Lol I think someone forgot to take their meds today ..

Fwiw this thread isn't even about 2jz... Or supeas... It's about 1jz soarers...

Which are better cars than skylines anyway. I would know. I have one.

Sssooooooo that means that youre dumb.

Yeah FFS everyone knows that a 1J or 2J has the advantage when doing a stock to stock comparison to RB26. But you're never going to be getting these circumstances - someone will always have a mod that will put the other one in front, whether it be the Nissan or the Toyota.

If your so bothered about copping shit from a grease monkey (possibly worst job in history, rip him for being a mechanic and tell him your outta the shit kicking life as soon as you find something better.

If your still concerned about him outdoing you with his engine. Sell your car and buy a 2J. Then you can argue about who has the better 2J. Chances are he will rip you for admitting RBs aren't as good and you will be in the same place as you started from.

Honestly why on earth would you give a shit about some guy and his 2J? You buy the car you like for what you like. If you like the 1j or 2j buy one. If you like the RB26, buy an RB26.

And if your like me...you buy the RB20 and tune the shit out of it. I tell you, I wouldn't swap my 32 for a 1J or 2J - know why? Because I f**king love the RB20.

Case closed.

Edited by EXEMPT

another thing that shits me about modern day "import scene"

the battle used to be holden vs ford.

there were people who thought ... fk yas. they're both shit.

those people imported silvias, 180sx. skylines. supra, soarer, FTO, lanevo, delica spacegear, RX7, cefiro, laurel, gloria, cima, celsior, chaser, markII, cresta.

and we ALL used to get along. about ten years ago, SAU and silvia clubs used to cruise together. there would BE no rivalry.

i'd be in a 180, they'd be in a lanevo, he'd be in RX7. who cares. we're all in IMPORTS.

nowadays the hottest topic to discuss is which 14 year old import is better. one that was marketed as an entry level sports coupe or a much more expensive luxury grand tourer.

wisen up - doesn't matter what you drive! ALL our cars are better than a hyundai. and that's what counts!

Awesome point here. I try not to fanboy for any side but I do like my Nissans the only Toyota that really peaked my interest was the Late MK4 supras with the better brakes ect. There's more nissans I would prefer to own but I realise that the JZ engine is superior to a RB particularly in stock form. So what doesn't bother me sure that JZ motor could make more power than my neo RB25 on stock bottom end am I going to spend the coin to push that kind of power anyway? no so I'm not gonna care.

Why can't we keep crapping on the Holdens and Fords (except xr6t their awesome) cause at the end of the day when I go for a cruise I love it when there is a mix of different wicked imports such as Rx7's, EVO's. Rexies, Skylines, Silvias and Supras all cars I'd love to own just for different reasons don't/won't.