SAU Community

Outer Northside Aspley To Caboolture

RandomHero83

anyone recommend a decent place to get a fiberglass front bar fitted and maybe painted ( if its not going to cost a arm and leg as its a non standard colour and thought just getting it made up in spray cans) locally.

Just curious whats an average price to get one fitted if you have done it also

Trust me don't go the cans route, There are some people on the forums that have done this and I have seen the end result of the work... Take it to a pro and get them to work the voodoo. Best bet would be to shop around what area are you in?

agreed^^^

So whos coming to happy laps? at QR this time for a sunday breakfast. so its gonna be an early morning drive.

oh and i bought this yesterday :)http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261057060347?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648 but wont be here and done before the weekend. so next week my fulli sic Zorst should be sorted from turbo back

I'm from morayfield, have any of you guys used a body shop around the area? Or anyone that wants a cashie to just fit the bar?

I didn't really want to go the pressure pack can route, but i needed a 30cm strip on my a pillar repainted completely and got quoted $1300 just for that a bit, and a touch up on the door handle from a place in caloundra, that's why i was thinking the can theory. I assume it was so expensive due to the work needed to blend it all to the same colour.

I will end up getting it sprayed professionally though.

sorry man, i got no suggestions :( always done all and any bodywork myself (has been a long time)

yeah colour matching can be a real pain...and your biggest issue.

so whos keen for a meet/drive tomorrow night??

i'll have to get back to everyone about tomorrow night, as my cousin has asked me out to a opening to some club in brisbane

sounds like something i may have been interested in 10 years ago :P

I'd be keen for a meet up.

good to hear. i think we go Carseldine way for some tasty Pizza, then off to see the westies if we dont get much love on the northside :)