SAU Community

1:18 Die Cast R32, R33 & Old School

Guest INASNT

Guest INASNT

I need the R32, R33 and old school GTR to finish off my GTR collection.

Where can i find them in good quality in 1:18 scale.

Its very easy to find R34 GTR but others are hard to come by.

Guest INASNT

There is a special edition gibson r32 gtr for sale for around $650 also, but i am after the stock ones without race paint.

$650??? That 1:18 scale Biante R32 on that Japanese site is only 7000 yen (A$82.65)...

You might have to get the Biante and modify it, give it a new paint job and take the cage out etc? Probably not what you're after but... thats the only 1:18 R32 I've seen around.

Guest INASNT
$650??? That 1:18 scale Biante R32 on that Japanese site is only 7000 yen (A$82.65)...

You might have to get the Biante and modify it, give it a new paint job and take the cage out etc? Probably not what you're after but... thats the only 1:18 R32 I've seen around.

that r32 is a collectors item as theres only 500 or so been made, and it comes with all this gibson motorsport docs.

Check out www.scale18.com pretty much lists every 1/18th scale model available no R33 in 1/18th though R32 GTR's will be available soon from autoart these are the only ones in R32 that arnt race cars in white and gun metal grey according to the biante website

I have the R34 N1 GTR. R33 GTR Midnight Purple and Mines Tuned R34 GTR in those Ebbro 1:43 scale, and yeah, they're very small... about double the size of a matchbox car... Very well made and looks very accurate, but not really worth buying :P

Model cars are a completely useless hobby and especially those who fill up display cabinets full of them but whatever makes you happy I suppose.

I wonder if these will ever be worth anything given that there are allegedly 'only' 3,000 examples.

T.

Guest INASNT
Model cars are a completely useless hobby and especially those who fill up display cabinets full of them but whatever makes you happy I suppose.

I wonder if these will ever be worth anything given that there are allegedly 'only' 3,000 examples.

T.

Speaking of display cabinets, do you know of any specially made for model cars?

I have always wanted my own collection, i have heapes of really small cars but they look shit compared to the 1:18 scale models

Speaking of display cabinets, do you know of any specially made for model cars?

I have always wanted my own collection, i have heapes of really small cars but they look shit compared to the 1:18 scale models

I seem to remember that most of the cabinets I seen were professional, ie. barrel locks, sliding doors like shop fittings.

I agree with you that 1:43 is a tough scale and Ebbro is certainly not the best, I've seen Ferrari models that look like they were hand made but they were $250 plus!

Ebbro is less than $100, made in China but still very good, I see no paint flaws unlike other models and I find plastics to be good although I cleaned some flashing off them.

Well this is more for Denham's benefit...

1. Forget R32 Ebbro. They all stopped production long ago.

2. R33 Ebbro might be available but still rare.

3. Some dribbs and drabs of the 34 still available.

I got mine various model stores but mostly from an SAU sister site:

http://www.importplaza.com.au/nissanR34.htm

Andrew will help you, he's been good to me.

I am still after an R34 Mines tune and perhaps a Nismo tune model.

I suggest that perhaps this is the right one for you:

http://www.ehobbies.com/dc-ert-33447.html

T.

Guest INASNT
I seem to remember that most of the cabinets I seen were professional, ie. barrel locks, sliding doors like shop fittings.

I agree with you that 1:43 is a tough scale and Ebbro is certainly not the best, I've seen Ferrari models that look like they were hand made but they were $250 plus!

Ebbro is less than $100, made in China but still very good, I see no paint flaws unlike other models and I find plastics to be good although I cleaned some flashing off them.

Well this is more for Denham's benefit...

1. Forget R32 Ebbro. They all stopped production long ago.

2. R33 Ebbro might be available but still rare.

3. Some dribbs and drabs of the 34 still available.

I got mine various model stores but mostly from an SAU sister site:  

http://www.importplaza.com.au/nissanR34.htm

Andrew will help you, he's been good to me.

I am still after an R34 Mines tune and perhaps a Nismo tune model.

I suggest that perhaps this is the right one for you:

http://www.ehobbies.com/dc-ert-33447.html

T.

Place in me, have the ebbro r33 still in stock for $67 and the KPGC10 in 1:18 for $108. Only 1:18 in r32 is the 1990 gibson model which is $180.

I actually saw the nismo r34 model at a hobby shop in fountain gate in vic last night in 1:18 grey colour.