SAU Community

Nismo Coppermix Twinplate Clutch

One thing that is bugging me, Exedy make the Nismo clutches correct?

Is the Exedy equivelent to the Coppermix just painted purple (Exedy) versus painted red (Nismo)?

I believe they're different. Even though they might be built by Exedy, the design would be from Nismo. Isnt that the same for injectors and turbos? As far as I know, the likes of Nismo, HKS etc dont make their own, someone else manufacture them to their design/spec. The outcome is a superior product at a premium. You can argue its not worth the extra dollar but its up to individual. I'm dead set certain I'll get Nismo at least for clutch, injectors, fuel pump and AFM. Turbo? The slight better response from HKS isnt worth the extra money for my application. You can only research that much and at the end of the day its up to you to decide what you want and you should know what suits your budget and application best.

Have you looked at Jim berry clutches. I remember reading a while back a VL turbo was using one of there clutches and did multiple 9 second passes and was still easy enough to use on the street. I wouldn't mind betting that it would be a cheaper option as well.

Multiple 9sec doesnt equate to easy on the foot. So far, I've narrowed it down to Coppermix and ATS carbon. And yes Jim Berry will 100% be cheaper. Not a lot of clutch cost above $2000.

Fair comment,

the OS admittedly bites very very hard, that redline to 2nd gear snap where you can just hear the "thunk, chirp" sounds brutal.

but honestly I never had any issues even in bumper to bumper traffic, well maybe it was a bit jerky (the higher revs you talked about) but overall I really like my clutch and did not like the nismo at all !

it had a super high friction point eugh.

Also probably should be noted I have a Nismo master cylinder on mine (bigger one) so that makes it more comfortable on the foot, although I don;t really get the people who whinge about having a heavy clutch, unless of course you have a leg injury/sore foot etc.

If you have a choice why go the uncomfortable way? It something you can choose. And my choice is easy on my foot.

Good review from you though. You're the first I know that didnt like the Coppermix. Up to today Coppermix has been the perfect scored one... lol.

One thing that is bugging me, Exedy make the Nismo clutches correct?

Is the Exedy equivelent to the Coppermix just painted purple (Exedy) versus painted red (Nismo)?

that was the type 1 gmax

the type 2 gmax had a diffrent cover looks similar to a copper mix but still made by excedy

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

copper mix is made by valeo

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

and as piggaz said copper mix with nismo slave is great to drive

that was the type 1 gmax

the type 2 gmax had a diffrent cover looks similar to a copper mix but still made by excedy

copper mix is made by valeo

and as piggaz said copper mix with nismo slave is great to drive

Looks like the 300 I'm saving by going with standard model can be spent on the slave...? Hahaha.

Had a coppermix single on my 300rwkw build and it was excellent, only probs i had with it was riding it a touch at high revs to save the drive line (didnt really like that):whistling: Though i did perform an 8 grand launch side steping the clutch and it gripped up sweet and went like a rocket

Now chosen to go the coppermix twin plate for my 400rwkw build, should be a strong and streetable clutch....Cant wait to get it on the street!

ummm are you serious!?

I had a single coppermix in my old GTSt and it was slipping at anything over 250rwkw... had to ditch it... are there different single coppermix for GTS and GTR I wonder?

I have an old GMAX twin (8+ yrs) and its still holding the power even on full bore changes... but its time is coming and I'll be going to the coppermix twin with no hesitation :cheers:

yeah no

just the words out of exedy's mouth. when i got a clutch kit from them with a valeo pressure plate, i rang and inquired why and they said 'valeo make our clutches, the one you got just isn't painted pink'

they said i could send it back and wait for a pink one but i didn't bother and havn't had a problem with it

just my experience, may have changed now but this was only about 6 months ago

just the words out of exedy's mouth. when i got a clutch kit from them with a valeo pressure plate, i rang and inquired why and they said 'valeo make our clutches, the one you got just isn't painted pink'

they said i could send it back and wait for a pink one but i didn't bother and havn't had a problem with it

just my experience, may have changed now but this was only about 6 months ago

what clutch are you using as a refrence?

companys out source lots of things it doesnt make them the same

just an exedy heavy duty, yeah thats what i meant about them being the same because in reference to the coppermix above apparently its made by exedy but has a valeo clutch plate.

thats why i say same/ same, probably should have made that clear the first time

Fair comment,

the OS admittedly bites very very hard, that redline to 2nd gear snap where you can just hear the "thunk, chirp" sounds brutal.

but honestly I never had any issues even in bumper to bumper traffic, well maybe it was a bit jerky (the higher revs you talked about) but overall I really like my clutch and did not like the nismo at all !

it had a super high friction point eugh.

Also probably should be noted I have a Nismo master cylinder on mine (bigger one) so that makes it more comfortable on the foot, although I don;t really get the people who whinge about having a heavy clutch, unless of course you have a leg injury/sore foot etc.

So does it use a power booster or not?

hi guys, got my os quad for sale over here looking for something more road friendly. choices at the moment are the above and an npc sprung twin plate. been onto npc and got a price. i know it will hold my power but would the c spec hold it..800bhp and 660lbs at the fly?. bernie

hi guys, got my os quad for sale over here looking for something more road friendly. choices at the moment are the above and an npc sprung twin plate. been onto npc and got a price. i know it will hold my power but would the c spec hold it..800bhp and 660lbs at the fly?. bernie

C spec is 780PS based on the datasheet. I'm assuming thats fly too. I think PS and HP are about the same.