SAU Community

Classic Skylines Roll-Call

Silent Shadow

Thanks for the welcome guys, im in Melbourne

I wont be making a build thread in till i actually start building it, shouldnt be to long tho, been collecting parts already.

Mrboost - i went to AJD in adelaide, ur car is awesome in the flesh, so immaculate. got a couple of pics of it too. first C110 coupe i've ever seen too

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just post some pics and plans in this thread, my project has slowed down cos im off to europe in a couple months and need spending moneys. Tho i did get mirrors yesterday last part i needed body/exterior wise.

Also cant make my mind up on motor, think just stay stock get rego then make my mind.

I usually lurk here but don't post that often, I drive the C110 every now and then but split a heater hose the other night and have been too lazy to fix it.

dattotrailer.jpg

5483930673_ca7b652d27_z.jpg

(I would do thumbnail pics but i couldn't work out how to)

looks awesome mate!

Or just post some pics and plans in this thread, my project has slowed down cos im off to europe in a couple months and need spending moneys. Tho i did get mirrors yesterday last part i needed body/exterior wise.

Also cant make my mind up on motor, think just stay stock get rego then make my mind.

what car?

I had some tinkerings this weekend... So glad I kept boxes and boxes of random spare parts! Most probs or broken stuff finished!

The moral of the story is don't throw anything out that isn't broken. Even if it seems worthless!

I now have 4 pairs of headlights and 5 sets of tails, piles of switches and all sorts of stuff!

what car?

I have a C110 coupe, Guards have been cut to take the flares, i have GTR grill,front lip,boot wing and just got GTR mirrors. Still need small things like badges and not sure if i will have those side vent/fuel cover fixed or replace them with new ones too. And pick a colour im not sure on white,sliver/grey or blue.

Hi Drew,

it would be a good idea that some members have a look at this site

Drew has put in, check out the price of the c211 coupe in kuwait in 2009.

5000 dinar in 2009..remember 4 door sedans there C210/211 are worth more.

so yes the offer i had 4500 was low...also to add in 2005 faysal offered me $8.000

for my white skyline and his friends who came from kuwait he interpreted for them

offered $8.500 for my white c210, $10.000 for my red c210 and a eye watering $25.000 for my orange

c210 coupe...which still all three are not for sale...even now..so all you guys enjoy what you have

take it from me...im known there. and im sure they will be back one day..to make another offer.

hi Drew, good to see you back on this site mate..

I owe you a coffee mate where have you been?:cheers:

Cheers to all..

Mario.

and im sure they will be back one day..to make another offer.

Tell them what an excellent machine an MR30 sedan is; more technically advanced than a C210 and with such appealing lines. The 3 speed auto is especially rare and a silver (correction platinum) one with genuine scratches and fewer than 5 previous owners is rarer still. For $25000 (AUD not USD!) I'll throw in a spare engine, trans and even the dizzy that Dennis sent (which has great sentimental value).

JH

Tell them what an excellent machine an MR30 sedan is; more technically advanced than a C210 and with such appealing lines. The 3 speed auto is especially rare and a silver (correction platinum) one with genuine scratches and fewer than 5 previous owners is rarer still. For $25000 (AUD not USD!) I'll throw in a spare engine, trans and even the dizzy that Dennis sent (which has great sentimental value).

JH

Hi John,

next time these guys are down here, make you way to my home and we might be able to sell them some left hand screwdrivers.

they know what they want, and they know the value...series one r30 smaller bumpers 1981 to1983 for them are worth more than

series 2 larger bumpers 1984 1986...sounds crazy but it is,240 z and 260z 2 seaters are also popular, but the c110 is still the favorite

more the 4 door than the 2 door.

Cheers

Mario.

I'm still around. I still have my white skyline, but it's fate is hanging in the balance. There are a couple of interested parties, most of whom are interstate rather than overseas. Despite the values in Kuwait I'd like the car to stay in Australia... I can fantasize about buying it back one day!

Happier news, I have gotten rid of my Sigma (the kind of cute, but impractical, coffee cart tow vehicle) and upgraded to another very cheap, but bigger and somewhat cooler car; the Datsun 260c - 1 owner, deceased at 91 years. It's nice to have a weekend workhorse with a bit of character.

List what your missing! I have a pile of stuff under the house.... along with a few other members here Im sure!

I have a R30 stubby 5 speed box, C210 clutch master cylinder & flywheel and gearstick

and also have a manual distributor i wrecked from a L24e C211 (whole engine and box)

I need the pedalbox, line from master to slave, flywheel and master cylinder

(i sat the C210 master cylinder it goes, holes and stamp in firewall match, i think it will be ok)

manual console, tailshaft if the lengths and yokes are different from 3 speed auto

I am aware that i have to fabricate a gearbox crossmember, as the transmission tunnels are different (auto wider than manual)

ill make a few of them when the time comes

and anything i may have forgotten

thanks guys!

@mr boost. your c110 is amazing! very very pretty indeed :-)

@mario. holy jesus!!! $25k?!? i do know how you feel. someone threw 20k at me a few years back and i couldnt take it lol. dont wanna break up the dream team just yet.

R34 - I picked it up from a deceased estate auction a few years ago and just gave it a quick tidy up including some paint touch ups and put the rims on it and that's about it. It's been resprayed some time in it's life but seems to have been done fairly well.

5484529374_4c8c049ceb_z.jpg

240kinside1.jpg