SAU Community

Rb20E To Rb30E In A R33Gts

hi.i have r33gts fitted with the rb20e.i would like to knw can i run the rb30e on the rb20e ecu with a piggyback to sort out the fuelling and ignition.just want abit of more power for now to move the heavy body.will the rb30 bolt straight in using the stock rb20 engine mounts.

forgot to mention im from south africa.want to do a rb25/30 at a latre stage.whats the difference between a r33 rb25de and arb25de neo.from what i've read the neo got smaller combustion chambers then the r33 rb25de so the comp should be high enough if you use the rb25 neo pistons

was thinking of doing that.how hard is it to fit a vh45 in a r33.i've read john's thread bt it dnt say if he had to mod a few things to fit it n most info u get is how to fit it into 300 zx n s13/14s n not much into skylines

It would be a pretty similar affair. Should be easier than a Silvia I would think as the bay would be bigger to start with.

should be an awesome car seeing what john done with his one but back to topic can my rb20e ecu run a rb30e.i'll be using everything on the rb20,inlet manifold,injectors,dissy and the exhaust manifold.i think it would run fine.im mostly after the extra touque of the rb30 till i upgrade later.

Ive got an rb30e in my r33 and it smashes the pants off rb25de`s

the torque is good. Not so great on fuel tho

Engine mounts will be the same as the difference is in the block height

in terms of managment its best to use an rb30e loom and re wire it to suit the r33

Ebay has some cheap turbo kita for rb30e`s if u wanted more power later on

if u are serious pm me and ill send u some pics of my conversion and the wiring

Ive got an rb30e in my r33 and it smashes the pants off rb25de`s

the torque is good. Not so great on fuel tho

Engine mounts will be the same as the difference is in the block height

in terms of managment its best to use an rb30e loom and re wire it to suit the r33

Ebay has some cheap turbo kita for rb30e`s if u wanted more power later on

if u are serious pm me and ill send u some pics of my conversion and the wiring

contact nistune in australia who will be able to "chip" your rb20e ecu to run different fuel and timing maps to suit the rb30e.

my rb30 is n.a

basic mods: GTS style extractors 6-2-1, 2.5inch cat back zorst, pod filter, advanced ignition timing running premium fuel.

car has a 4.46:1 LSD, that helps ^.^ i dragged off a WRX to 100 km/h the other night

the car realistically has around 100 rwkw, with a cheap turbo kit it would have close to 170 rwkw

nice.im from south africa so my best bet will be to get a dastek piggyback ecu.currently got a pod n 57mm straight through exhaust with a rear can box.im making 85kw on da wheels.my best 1/4 mile is a 17.5 lol.with 100 on da wheels n more torque i mite get in the 16s

Why dont you just turbo the RB20e? RB30ET injectors, turbo manifold, RB25DET turbo, stock R33/R34 SMIC and piping, darkfalf chip ($100, he's be happy to post to S-A) I reckon you could squeeze 150 odd out of it...

skit it will be hard for me to get the parts.i will be upgrading to a rb30det at a later stage just want sum extra power to move the heavy body.chris how high do u revyour rb30.seeing as the rb20e has a higher rev limiter i'll to let the piggyback ecu limit it to 6100rpm