SAU Community

Turbosmart Bov

So i got defected for this item last night, owned the car for 4.5 years and never had a problem. It's a dual port turbosmart BOV, So the trumpet is on one side and the other is plumb back...i read up on this and apparently they come with a blanking plate. The BOV was on the car when i bought it so i didn't receive this item (Blanking Plate).

I was under the impression that it could just be changed back without having to take the trumpet off, cuz the cop last night had to watch it go off. But if it is suppose to be removed and a plate put over the top, wouldn't you just defect all bov's with a trumpet?

Anyways i don't mind having to stop it...Is there anything particular i need to watch for if i cap this off, or would it actually be considered better, performance wise?

Where is the best place to find these covers?

Cheers

So is it currently using the recirc or not?

If you block off the ATMO side, you'll need to ensure the recirc side is all connected. Then no problem.

You could probably order the plate off a turbosmart distributor/stockist. If not just have one made/cut up. Wouldn't be expensive.

I wouldnt be able to tell you, but atm the it's venting out...and the other side (cuz it's 50/50?) connects back to the intake piping with all little hoses connected etc.

I'm having a hard time trying to find this plate...how do i know what size it is? As in what do they measure when they say its a 19mm or a 29mm or a 38mm??

Go here, http://www.turbosmar...index.php?id=47

The part you will need is a 'BOV Port Blanking Plug'

Model number: TS-0205-3103

It's better plumbed back if you run a stock ECU. Buy the plug, unscrew the trumpet, screw the plug on. Done.

Autobarn have these plugs.

Edited by Aleckr33

cheers...just did a google image search...

are these plugs round? i was thinking that'd just be like a rectangle plate that replace the trumpet plate.

Or is it round and goes in the hole and put the trumpet back on top of it?

y's that? the part on the right goes back into the intake. 50% goes that way 50% goes out the trumpet. Would it damage something to put 100% back through the intake side?

Edited by 3340TH

I bought the car in 06 and was on it then..i just pulled it out then, trying to find an allen key that will fit it right...but it looks as though i can remove the whole plate, but also the trumpet goes inside the plate...so whether i can unscrew it from that plate is another story but i cant budge it atm.

EDIT: It unscrews.

Also whats the business with the hard soft with the tension of the spring. better hard or soft?

Edited by 3340TH