SAU Community

Rb25Det Con Rods

hey ppl currently building my rb25 just wanted to know how much the rods can take? im thinking of getting them shot pind ect will it be wroth it or just save up for a set of spool rods, im hoping to build a power house of a motor gona run big boost

any help will be great

thank you

my old built 25 in the VL was making 350kw and when the engine was pulled down it had 3 bent rods. it only had a fresh set of bolts fitted so im very lucky to not have thrown one.

rb26 ones are a lot stronger than 25's so if cheap upgrade is what you are after they may suit.

yer tryin to b a cheap kent lol... if they can take the power then y change em

im aimin for 400rwkw around that mark prob 20-30psi

GTR rods if you want to be a tight arse, $150 for the 6 and will do the job, need pistons to suit

GTR rods if you want to be a tight arse, $150 for the 6 and will do the job, need pistons to suit

rod length is the same so 25 pistons will be fine, only need to change pistons if using a 26 crank.

yer jus usin the 25 crank so 26 rods should b fine?

RB25 and RB26 Rods are the same length, the difference is in the Pistons - gudeon pin is a slightly different height on the piston as the piston deck height is different.

RB25 and RB26 Rods are the same length, the difference is in the Pistons - gudeon pin is a slightly different height on the piston as the piston deck height is different.

Thats only due to the 26 having a longer stroke...makes ZERO difference when using the 25 crank.

Unless of course you're saying not to use 26 pistons?

If you are ignore me lol

Thats only due to the 26 having a longer stroke...makes ZERO difference when using the 25 crank.

Unless of course you're saying not to use 26 pistons?

If you are ignore me lol

I am only saying the rods are the same length :thumbsup: