SAU Community

r32 cooler piping, what kind of gain wit fmic?

hey all im bout to buy a "hybrid" fmic 600x300x76. dose ne 1 know roughly what kind of price i will be looking at to get the piping made up for this? or has ne 1 had good bad experiances in adelaide with this?

also wanting to know what kind of boost increase i can do with the front mount, and what kind of power gains i will get?

i have a 1993 r32 gts-t m-spec with cat back exhaust and HKS pod. the boost is @ 12psi atm.

thanx guys.

a few guys on the site have got the hybrid coolers on their car and getting around the 170rwkw mark or more. with good tuning and full exhaust. with the stock turbo i wouldn't go past the 12psi for everyday driving, 14psi if you going down the strip. its the heat of the turbine blade spinning to fast where it actually mealts and stuffs up so. yeah. good luck with the cooler. on ebay you can get them for about 550.

i run 1 bar (14psi) of boost with cooler, exhurst, electronic boost controller...no idea about how much wk's its making...will take it to get dyno'd soon

OH make sure your fuel is all good...cos alot of those GTST fuel pumps are stuffed/ near stuffed. So when u boost it to 14psi on the dyno get them to check the fuel out.

you can pick up a hybrid 600x300x75mm for $700ish from justjap a sponser of this forum, www.powerdigger.com were selling the hybrid gts-t piping kit for $450ish or rolin imports (as you mentioned) here in Qld can get the same piping kit for around $600!!

Mate get it from the intercooler guy, he makes up the best looking best performing kits around for good $$ i just got mine yesterday and its the best ive seen, he is the most helpfun bloke i have met in the industry and will help you out with anything. 10 out of 10 for him, rollin is a bit overpriced but i got my rb20det half cut from them for ok price $2200

whos doin your piping bro?

and what kind of piping and for what car .. because im looking to get piping done too

ashmore exhaust at miami is the place, also the only place who quoted less that $800, all up $450 for all pipes, cutting body work, bends, hoses, clamps and labour, the car is in my avatar the engine is a silver top rb20det so had to go custome piping! the work is great and they even remounted the pod filter to a better spot using a bit of 3" piping!!