SAU Community

Gt3076 Tuning

And leaning out at 4-45000rpm, do you get any knock?

Am I reading it wrong, at a glance its richer than 12:1 from 4000rpm - what would you expect to run AFR wise at 15psi?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I reading it wrong, at a glance its richer than 12:1 from 4000rpm - what would you expect to run AFR wise at 15psi?

Talking about the dip, it gets better afterwards, you can drive through it, but dips as it starts to make power.

Id drop the exhaust before the cat and do another run.

But to be honest the 3076 doesnt really wake up until 18+ psi

and the response looks pretty good to me.

So check for obvious retrictions in the exhaust, and drop it for the next dyno run, Im not sure its that as the power doesnt drop off up top.

next would be throw more boost at the thing and see if the power goes up.

Only other thing I feel worth mentioning is, that the .63 will be choking the 76mm comp wheel, so you will never get the most from the turbo.

Is it internal gate or external gate?

Internal gate, 18psi actuator, aftermarket 3' inch dump, aftermarket 3' cat and back exhaust, but standard manifold using spacer, tuned @ 15psi because of standard head gasket...?

Power curve looks about right. Could be that the dyno is reading lower than others. Are you running the stock intake pipe from the pod filter to the turbo?

Is there a reason your only running at that boost level? Seems abit low

Internal gate, 18psi actuator, aftermarket 3' inch dump, aftermarket 3' cat and back exhaust, but standard manifold using spacer, tuned @ 15psi because of standard head gasket...?

Push 20psi and tune it harder.

Can I get a +1?

My standard head gasket has had nearly 100,000km of >15psi (its hit 30psi after I did something silly once) and its intact, they can't be THAT bad.

Power curve looks about right. Could be that the dyno is reading lower than others. Are you running the stock intake pipe from the pod filter to the turbo?

get a 15psi+ actuator and run 18psi, doesn't really look that bad to me but you are only running 15psi so it won't make massive power, could be a lazy actuator making the boost come on later.

80mm metal intake pipe, tuner believes stock head gasket won't hold higher boost than 15psi, the car has got 115000kms on the clock and hasn't run any more than 1bar of boost it's whole life...?

80mm metal intake pipe, tuner believes stock head gasket won't hold higher boost than 15psi, the car has got 115000kms on the clock and hasn't run any more than 1bar of boost it's whole life...?

With a good tune it should, my GT3076R first went on my car at around the 100,000km mark (I can't remember exactly when) and the motor has not been opened since I got it at 60,000km, presumeably not before then either. It is now at around 197,000km and I first had it tuned to 15psi... and has since been tuned on 17psi (probably done 40,000km or so at that level).

I've mentioned the actuator should be upgraded earlier in this thread, I had similar spool to this with the one supplied.

Is it a real 3076??? sounds more like one of those choke-aholic hybrids?

I'm a bit suss on the turbine housing, it could be a dodgy hybrid, the rest of it is the real deal. I noticed from looking at the back (exhaust side) of many GT3076 turbo's that there are two different types (apart from size) of internal style housings the open type (like stock turbo, this what mine looks like) and partition type, between turbine wheel and internal wastegate. Could that be the answer, choke-aholic hybrid turbine housing..?

The boost curve on that looks much like when I had the soft actuator, get a big can actuator and that'll really liven things up - the one supplied seems to open at about 11-12psi no matter what you do and makes it feel quite lazy.

In regards to the power made, mine still made pretty decent power on 15psi - GT3076Rs work fairly well at 1bar still, they just come into their own versus small turbos at higher boost... more due to the smaller turbos maxing out than the GT3076R NEEDING lots of boost.

Maybe that dyno is particularly harsh? Does it feel fairly quick on the road once boost is built up or is it definitely feeling like the 230kw number suggests?

It feels like 230kw, but i was hoping for more like what your car is putting out... It has a new 18psi actuator, which was specifically ordered for this turbo... Aftermarket 3' inch dump, single pipe not split system, aftermarket 3' cat and back exhaust, but standard manifold using spacer, 80mm metal intake pipe, tuner believes stock head gasket won't hold higher boost than 15psi, the car has got 115000kms on the clock and hasn't run any more than 1bar of boost it's whole life...

As I mentioned to trident150v - I'm a bit suss on the turbine housing, it could be a dodgy hybrid, the rest of it is the real deal. I noticed from looking at the back (exhaust side) of many GT3076 turbo's that there are two different types (apart from size) of internal style housings the open type (like stock turbo, this what mine looks like) and partition type, between turbine wheel and internal wastegate. Could that be the answer, choke-aholic hybrid turbine housing..?

And leaning out at 4-45000rpm, do you get any knock?

na he wouldnt, andy (hyperdrive owner/tuner) is real conservative on timing, especially around peak torque. on cars with mods like this one he always tunes down to 11.5:1 at peak torque then back up to 12:1 after that

OP: i have a proper garrett internal gate housing and dump pipe to suit for this turbo if your interested?

Edited by JonnoHR31

na he wouldnt, andy (hyperdrive owner/tuner) is real conservative on timing, especially around peak torque. on cars with mods like this one he always tunes down to 11.5:1 at peak torque then back up to 12:1 after that

OP: i have a proper garrett internal gate housing and dump pipe to suit for this turbo if your interested?

Yeah, i would be interested, send more info on what you've got..

yea that's true guy's,

when my stock turbo died i was looking for turbo replacement and thought just to replace injectors, turbo and AFM and tune, that was like 1 1/2 year ago.

anyway i wanted my car on the road asp i did bit research on turbo and they were all positive comments so i bought turbo ,

then went to cypher to do all the mods zack told me to buy 6boost manifold and that i would benifit from set of cams, he advised me go external gate ,

i did of bit search and it would of cost me $800 to replace exaust housing on turbo then 6 boost and manifold $2000 so i was like nah i don't want to spend any more money and that is where i made biggest mistake i already paid for tune over 1000 for 3 retune's ,

so i bought 6 boost low mount manifold which i have issues with heat my engine bay gets way to hot i thought to take it off and do Ceramic coating and wrap it with heat tape.

Also thanks to Andrew at Hyperdrive did a great Job on my last tune previously tuned twice by cypher was very disappointed.

Andrew said it was pinging like 150 sometimes luckily i come to him before i blew my engine, he also said that timing was bit off and that he corrected the fuel issue as well, he got it sorted low pings nothing over 25-30.

christo76 i hope you sort out you problem and enjoy your car as much as you can.

I need to sort out my problem as well but was thinking of selling it as i just got new job and require something more economical.

The tune definetely seems on the safe side. AFR's are quite rich, running quite low boost and we also don't know what the timing map looks like. Could be running bugger all timing aswell.

Sure there could be a slight problem with the setup but it also could just be a very safe tune.

Also don't touch the headgasket, there is no need.