11 AM FOR A 1130 LEAVE.

WHERE TO MEET (Brissy people)

BP CABOOLTURE - (TWIN BP's) NTH BOUND

BRUCE HWY

CABOOLTURE

1000 FOR A 1030 LEAVE

WHERE ARE WE GOING??

for a nice sedate cruise in the hills of the blackall ranges smile.gif

this will take in beerwah, peachchester , Bald Knob , Maleny , Balmoral Ridge , Montville and finally lunch at the palmwoods pub.

there will be a break point or two along the way for all of us to talk and compare cars.

the roads are clear and fun with a lot of uphill/downhill and turns. some will challenge you and some you will need your head screwed on for. no stupidity on the day.

the OFFICIAL route will be disclosed on the day by me

WARNINGS

for this run WE WILL USE UHF RADIOS!!! a small handheld is fine and the channel will be set on the day. if any one has a 5w handheld - bring it.

the run at Montville is a STEEP DOWNHILL run so make sure you have brakes. I did it in my van without issue and had a blast doing it take this as a word of warning.

all road rules apply

CONDUCT

Any stupidity and you will have myself and the rest of the club members to deal with. its a social cruise day. if you bring a mate please explain this to them. we are a club and anything that goes bad or stupid behavior reflects on the club and everyone in it.

IN ENGLISH

ACT LIKE A TOOL AND YOU WILL BE TREATED AS ONE!

COMMON SENSE PREVAILS. IF YOU LACK THAT - DON'T COME.

-----------------

Now with all that aside - who's coming ??

(some one needs to pick me up :) )

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im in

btw is the palmwoods road open again, was closed last time i tryed to drive it, would have been a while ago tho...

Edited by fomby639

im in

btw is the palmwoods road open again, was closed last time i tryed to drive it, would have been a while ago tho...

nope closed at montville. both of us made the turn into a BIG road closed sign today.

DAN,

added. I'll do the running total on SAUQLD.

JOHN,

done - pick me up.

what you doing to it?

Hey Dan, I had the coupe in for dyno tuning only to discover we had a big crack on the exhaust manifold as well as a blown wastegate gasket. Got the cracks welded up & a set of new gaskets so just need to put it all back together before getting it back over to EFI. My son & I are heading down to Sydney to watch the World Time Attack Challenge in August so for the moment I am just chasing a reliable tune. I have however been speaking to Rick about opening it up (internals have never been touched) & building up a strong HP RB20 in the next 12months. Having just resigned from my job this wont be happening in the immediate future but I really want to retain the heritage of the 31, & with so many people doing 25's, 26's 25/30's etc I just dont wont to "follow the pack". Rick showed me one of his customers R32 running a 2.2 stroker that is doing 600HP+ & revving to 10 grand (!!!) thanks to some meticulous internal balancing & trick ECU work, so with all my existing hardware (turbo, ecu, injectors etc) we are already well on the way to buidling a very streetable 400HP+ ride. With a new career that could potenially see me working away from home for weeks, maybe even a month or more at a time, I can not justify going really nuts on it when it would only be driven for a few days every month. I do miss driving it (its been about 6wks) however I do get to drive the wife's V during the weekends so at least I can still drive a Skyline! Look forward to seeing you on the cruise.