The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who's got any recommendations on guard rolling? My mate is running 9.5s on his s15 and wants a bit more clearance on the rear. I told him I could do it easily but the results would differ from a professional job haha. Where should I tell him to take it?

Depends on what he needs done..to have to lip rolled up all the way I have had about 5 cars done at wheelworx and have been happy everytime. Most wheel / tyre places won't get the lip the whole way up. Wheelworx made their own guard roller and Joe knows his stuff

My guards were rolled by Scandyflick using a mallet and heat gun, far cleaner than many 'professional' jobs I've seen. Results always differ, but I didnt have any paint cracking.

i was gonna say, wooden or rubber mallet+heat gun+patience

All you RB20 people out there.

Brothers 32 is running abit weird. It has splitfires, 040, stock turbo, new plugs etc

When driving it, it hits around 38-4000rpm and cuts power (basically back down to 1500rpm then climbs again, then cuts)

I've checked the ignitor and AFM (borrowed others) and that hasnt fixed it.

The car doesn't get driven much so any help is appreciated.

Next step would be gap some new plugs (current is 1.1 or 1.2)

cant give Kudos Motorsport a more high rep

purchased parts a year ago and he couldn't supply the parts Andrew offered a full refund minus the parts he supplied and i said i would be happy to purchase more parts later which brings me to now

after deciding i didn't want to purchase more parts Andrew was willing to refund the price of the pars

very happy would happily use again

All you RB20 people out there.

Brothers 32 is running abit weird. It has splitfires, 040, stock turbo, new plugs etc

When driving it, it hits around 38-4000rpm and cuts power (basically back down to 1500rpm then climbs again, then cuts)

I've checked the ignitor and AFM (borrowed others) and that hasnt fixed it.

The car doesn't get driven much so any help is appreciated.

Next step would be gap some new plugs (current is 1.1 or 1.2)

Try ignition pack, mate had a problem with his recently were it would drop revs and cylinders until he got a new one. If not I'm on the ECU train

Tried the ignitor and didn't fix it. Will try ecu, if that doesn't fix it been told maybe tps sensor.

tps wouldnt kill the throttle, tps is only there for response. if the tps is unplugged you can still run the engine

do you have a consult cable? I'd be chucking that on and seeing if there are any ecu error codes...

does the car idle OK?

-D

cant give Kudos Motorsport a more high rep

purchased parts a year ago and he couldn't supply the parts Andrew offered a full refund minus the parts he supplied and i said i would be happy to purchase more parts later which brings me to now

after deciding i didn't want to purchase more parts Andrew was willing to refund the price of the pars

very happy would happily use again

+1 steve. Ive only dealt with them twice but both times Ive been very happy in all respects