Wed 17th March AIR drag results

whatsisname

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam,

I was only stuffing around :D

Well I've just watched the footage the lads took on Wednesday night (thanks again fellas) and I've gotta' say you blokes are a tad harsh :( There's a few rough comments from the gallery on there. Ahh... stuff ya's, I'll get there in my own good time! Everybody goes through a learning stage... I'm going through mine atm. And Martin, "why doesn't he grab 2nd gear?" I start my burnout (attempt) IN 2nd! :D

Naa it's all cool you guys, I'm just shit stirring with the 2nd gear thing and Martin :D Nothing serious. Martin's dead right about me needing to get my shit together and make the most of the cars potential though.

It's not like I don't expect everyone to be an arm chair expert :rofl: lol

Like I have always said Matt - all you need is a wicked burnout (and some more practise) and you will be knocking at the 11s!

Maybe we need to have a group burnout practise/tutorial at a late night venue one weekend?!!

yeah Joel a big burnout is an absolute MUST!!! Mind you, my 60' times were very ordinary on Wednesday night - lowest was a 2.03 and highest was a 2.4 :) - damn twin plate clutch is a real challenge to drive, but when it hooks up it is fantastic! (Note - on my old Ducaro RevSpecs {normal street tyres not a drag tyre in ANY sense} I did a mid 1.8 60' in one of my earlier outings).

A great tip Martin gave me at the drags was to NOT drive in the water on the burnout pad, but drive around it and do a burnout after it. Reasoning is that the water sprays under the guard and comes off onto the wheels on launch. Also the front wheels then carry water onto the line which flicks onto your rears on the launch. Worked well for me - took my 60' down a tenth straight away Wednesday night!

Martin, your kidding? 4th gear with nothing but WOT!? That's impressive! I watched a couple of Keir's passes the other night. That car is an awesome display of brute power Japanese style.

I might start working on my burnout skills, using the Sigma. If I can manage to get IT smoking on the spot the GTS should be easy! :)

Yep Joel my diff is still standard. It'd be nice to do a diff upgrade but no $ for it atm.

Hmmm... so doing the burnout out of the water is the go!?

hahah crazy.

Would it be possible to have another AIR test and tune day like the RPM one last year?

Couldn't agree more! I wasn't really worth me going last time with everything stock but now I'd like to have a dabble at the drags - but I don't want to make a complete tool of myself in front of paying spectators!!

there is no such thing Doglet :( .... everyone is out there for a good time. If you want few spectators then head out 5pm on a Wednesday night meet - we were first in line last week and until about 7pm there were only about 20 cars and a similar amount of spectators. No-one cares what you do, it is all good fun!

I've got a slight oil seep.. How picky are they come inspection time on wed nights?

What sort of helmet do i need? Can I use one of those black harley ones? lol

How grippy is the burnout pad?

My clutch generally slips when I click second in a burnout. :( Might have to sit it in first with high rev's for a little longer than normal.