SAU Community

Removing Scratches From Paint!

SLDN-31

Hey guys the other night some a$$hole decided to key the quarter pannel of my 33. The scratches are too deep to polish out but they are not threw to the metal. I was just wondering if anyone has used any of those mobile paint/dint guys to fix there cars before. I was thinking of just getting the whole car sprayed as there are a few other imperfections around the car, but if i was to do that i would have to wait a bit as i don't have the cash at the moment and i dont really want to drive around with these scratches on my car. Im just not 100% on what to do, any advice would be appreciated.

Do some wet sanding with some high grit paper eg 1000 - 2000 grit progressively around the scratch areas, then get some touch up paint either from Repco, Autobarn or from your local auto paint shop and touch up the areas. Not gonna look the best, but better than having the scratch marks around to ekk you every time you look at them.

It does really depend on how far down it is , even if it is not down to the metal if it has made it's way to the primer u will need to go for a really heavy cutting compound and plenty of heat to soften the paint, other than a respray two methods too try would be some 2500 grit wet sanding then hit it hard with cutters on an elctriic buffer, or the slow way which again is 2500 grit wet sanding then a heatgun and some soft cutting compound basically to repair the scratch( anything not repaired here u could use touch up on) then a big cut and polish too get it all level and glossy, both have worked well for me in the past. A large bat will deal with the culprit, and I would definitely suggest taking ur time with that, for the satisfaction.