SAU Community

Cp Piston Rings

pistonring.jpg

after having a good look at my CP rings, i cant figure which is the right way up,

the top ring and the 3 oil rings have no marking and dont look any different either way up, although the secong ring, pictured above, does, it has N2 stamped into one side, and a not tacken out of it the other,

also i just broke one of my second rings, so now where can i by a new one, single set or hopefully not a full set, as with all engine builds funds are becoming tighter by the day

cheers

dan

The top ring can go either way, it is a barrel faced parallel ring from memory

The second ring is a scraper so the ring is placed in the bore the same way you have it pictured. Cutout facing downwards. N2/2N or whatever it says - you should be able to read that from the top.

I have a set lying around at home we were gonna bin. Brand new. What thickness are yours? or what part number ring set and bore size?

Failing that - Wiseco are the distributor for CP nowadays

Don't they print that info on the paper wrapping the rings?

And, I'm afraid you can't just buy 1 ring. Have to buy the whole set! (could be wrong, though)

dan u have PM

mr elk, i got no info at all with the pistons and rings when i got them, in regards to spacing the gaps or which way is up, so ive had to annoy the good ppl of sau