SAU Community

5 Speed Auto In R32 And R33?

I've been searching for a Jatco RE5RO1A for ages, and have never been able to find one for sale.

Are they that rare?

There are plenty of the 4 speed RE4RO1A models around...

Currently, I have a Jatco 4N71B (VL 4 speed auto) matched to my RB25det, and I really want to upgrade to the 5 speed auto.

If anyone knows of a place I might be able to ask about getting one, could you please let me know. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you'll find it's the same as V35, M35 Stagea, and late model Patrols. The latter two obviously have a transfer case.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I'm fairly sure that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

hi ive been told that the 5 speed auto came in the non turbo 32s and as the trans housingis the same size as the 4 speed the internals are smaller(read weaker) so that the whole lot would fit in

• 1 month later...

in theory, could I buy this, rebuild it with stronger parts, and fit it to my RB25det?

http://www.nengun.co.../item/x36960207

Aftermarket ECU to run it?

. so you you want to pull a recon trans apart so you can fit stronger parts?your keen with deep pockets that for sure, i know info is limited but you might want to investigate this 5 speed AT some more. . .you might find your car is pulling the same revs in 5th as it would with the 4 speed auto,aftermarket ecu to run it? MIGHT be something out there

Not so interested in the revs in the last gears. More interested in the extra pull from the early gears.

I found the gear ratios in comparison to the 4 speed, once, a while ago. Cant find them again. But it was something like this:

1 - 3.857 - 2.785

2 - 2.140 - 1.545

3 - 1.384 - 1.000

4 - 1.000 - 0.694

5 - 0.694

• 1 year later...