SAU Community

My New M35

MOUTH

Hello everyone, been lurking on the stagea sideof this forum for the last couple o months. My new car is going to be complied very soon and I have a few questions.......

So, I have driven a few m35's and done alot of research.........decided I wanted one with a few options (leather[not tan], non bose stereo [ease of conversion], sunroofs and tv had to have warranty for when the turbo blows or turbo already rebuilt). Found one that I liked through nagoya motors and I have come to a arrangement with them, and put a deposit down, and will buy it (pending a couple of things) has anyone dealt with them and if so had any problems?

Just waiting for compliance and then I will go pick it up. From what I can see its got a different grill,color coded surrounds around reverse/fog light, spoiler,head unit, exhaust and wheels (these wheels arent really my thing so probably will be for sale soon), anyone see anything in these pics that i have missed or know what some of these aftermarket parts are (brand of wheels exhaust, whats the go with the infiniti gril, what the spoiler etc etc?). Any help would be much appreciated, and I look for to coming on the next sa stag cruise.

-cheers

post-41430-0-38808300-1308398055_thumb.jpg

post-41430-0-77311300-1308398071_thumb.jpg

post-41430-0-26350100-1308398088_thumb.jpg

post-41430-0-80373100-1308398108_thumb.jpg

That grill has the radar equipped cruise control, I think thats fairly rare!

The colour coded surrounds on the taillights are a/market add ons.

Mine also has the rear roof spoiler, so far I havent seen many of these factory spoilers. They certainly make the rear end look better.

Edited by slippylotion

also the wing is the factory optional wing, i have the same one.

the exhaust MIGHT be the nissan adjustable with the switch to shut it up. or its a nismo one with a similar rear muffler and tip

Welcome to M35 ownership. Car looks nice (like the blue). Not sure about the Infiniti grill, but i like the Infiniti badge on the back, & the colour coded light covers make it look a bit different.

Man, there's something going on in the centre console. What are all those devices hanging out? Good choice with the aero kit & fog lights :thumbsup: they are expensive options (to by nowadays anyway).

Haven't heard much about Nagoya, but someone is sure to have an opinion. Might not be able to say too much on here tho, unless they are good like Northshore Prestige.

Since you're in Adelaide, you should catch up with Brad sometime. He can sort you out with tv tuner & any AV related issues/upgrades etc

Cheers, Leon

Edited by Commsman

whats cold pack model?.... yeah not a huge fan of the grill but i can deal with it, the wheels on the other hand :down: , yeah will definately be doing the tuner and language conversion asap

There website says it has 59,820kms....Seems low. Check the condition of the leather seats for wear - it may appear more worn than you expect and....someone else may be able to comment on the condition of their leather seats with equivalent mileage?

Another thing to check is the panel in front of the Air con/cabin filter. Often in Japan they put a service sticker on it with the mileage written on it for when the cabin filter was replaced (like the oil change stickers on the inside of a windscreen). Although they may not like you having a look....

Mine had the sticker on it and it matched the books i got with the car - a mate who has imported a variety of different cars from Japan told me to check mine before i bought it. I have seen a V35 Skyline with a cabin filter sticker changed at 94,000kms but the car was advertised for sale with 66,000km...

Request the auction sheets also....Does it come with Service books?

I'm only saying this because it appears you are in Adelaide and Nagoya is in Sydney. Ask on here if a local M35 owner can go and suss it out for you. They're a helpful bunch on here...

+ 1 for the Aero kit

Yeah i have had 4 imports so far, and am not too bothered about kms aslong as everything is good condition, general wear is an obvious sign of kms being wound back, and we all know it is a common practice with imports, but if its in good nick and I have warranty I am not too bothered, I will be flying over checking it out on there hoist (I am a qualified mechanic by trade), and if all is well I will be driving it back to SA on a trade plate.

Nice car :thumbsup: It will be a great drive back. I wish I drove mine back from sydney. Alot of people tell me they learn quite alot about the car. Must be the Hay plains flat out.

Anyway if you get you car by the 17th July thats when the next cruise is on. Or if you dont have it we generally offer lifts so you can meet everyone.

whats cold pack model?.... yeah not a huge fan of the grill but i can deal with it, the wheels on the other hand :down: , yeah will definately be doing the tuner and language conversion asap

Try to get an Oil flush and then get them to put a good quality oil(take you own and give it then) in it before you do the long trip. I recently did a turbo change for someone and the reason it had gone was that the oil feed to the turbo had blocked...this happen's because the oil feed bango only has a 1mm feed hole.

Cold pack is basically a snow pack...has heated windscreen and a couple of other little things. In saying this I would also get the car put up on a hoist so you can check it for rust yourself.

Rust shouldn't be of concern as they can't comply them if it's too bad.

and the mob he has gone to is so very reputable so they would neeevvvvveeerrrr do a shady thing!whistling.gif

I would put the thing on a hoist and check it !thumbsup.gif

Working under a few of these, they all have some rust, mainly on the exhaust but some I have seen the chassis rails on the way out. Always best to take a torch and go over it, just in case... I did before I bought mine.

Rust shouldn't be of concern as they can't comply them if it's too bad.

I know someone who bought an arx from a import dealer in Melbourne. And found out there was rust in the chassis rail later.

Doesn't hurt to check. Never assume that the dealers have your best interest at heart.

cold pack have alot of good opinion for adel/ melbourne weather. But after having been through the issues of hidden rust under a snow pack m35 i would recommend a lengthy check for rust....

Can get compliance if they are patched up.... (new underseal) but you'll be able to tell if you scratch it off to check...

just my two cents... Luckily i had a great dealer who has sorted me out with another M35 aero selection (non coldpack )