SAU Community

Road Trip

MattyFlynn

Ok this is random but I've been talking to hamiltonau about having a road trip down to melb...plan is to just have a wicked drive down and find sum nice pubs/clubs to get messy at xD

So I'm just putting this out there for anyone who may be interested in coming along. Just let me know on this post and once we figure out who's coming we will decide on a date to go. :D

It's called taking holidays and having fun!! U must be too OLD to understand ay :P lol

Oh right.. I wondered why I just took a month off work?

went to visit my extended family in melbourne, their cbd roads are...weird. The missus made me drive all the time we were visiting because she was getting pissed off at the roads lol

the right hook turns from the left lane for the trams, there was one right hand turn that had a sign saying it only turned green on monday-friday for some reason.

The GPS was no help because there are one-way 4 lane stretches of road with a median strip in the middle of them eg. if you need to turn left but you are on the wrong side of the median strip you'll miss it completely & the GPS won't indicate otherwise

guess it takes a bit of getting used to...

just, just weird

Yeah plenty of intersections with both "no left turn" AND "no right turn" signs too. Obviously the roads are fine away from the CBD. I reckon just tram it once you get there. The tram system is pretty good IMO.

hey, im keen, depending on dates...

are you thinking a long weekend, maybe a week long trip??

ive been thinking of something like this for a while.

have to start saving for fuel though :glare:

Yea I was planning on going for like a week.. So leave Sydney on a Wednesday and then leave melb the following Wednesday... I'm kinda having second thoughts tho but I'm still keen.

Afew people have been telling me that the Victorian police r f**ked lol

Plus the other week a mate of mine got defected in his evo8 in melb (nsw rego) I didn't think they could defect us ? :s

maybe head north then?

im pretty sure every city has their own "anti hoon squad", regardless of if you obey the rules or not....

for a year or 2, ive been contemplating a gumball rally type of cruise.

would be a large undertaking, but my route would be: set on a long weekend

friday-drive to goldcoast or brisbane

saturday-from queensland to dubbo

sunday-from dubbo to melbourne

monday-from melbourne to sydney.

drive of a day, party of a night.

as with the rally, its not about the speed travelled to the destination, rather stick to the speed limit, and enjoy the drive.

probably a little more full on than what you had in mind. but, maybe its something to work towards.

and by being in the cities for just one night, it limits the chance of defects(LIMITS, not eliminates)

what do you think?

interested?

any aditional ideas?

anyone else have input?

this topic got me thinking about it again....

A friend of mine from Canada is in town for the next few weeks and he's eager to hit up Melbourne and check out the scene.

We'll only be able to go after the 29th though, there are some major work commitments over the next two weekends.

maybe head north then?

im pretty sure every city has their own "anti hoon squad", regardless of if you obey the rules or not....

for a year or 2, ive been contemplating a gumball rally type of cruise.

would be a large undertaking, but my route would be: set on a long weekend

friday-drive to goldcoast or brisbane

saturday-from queensland to dubbo

sunday-from dubbo to melbourne

monday-from melbourne to sydney.

drive of a day, party of a night.

as with the rally, its not about the speed travelled to the destination, rather stick to the speed limit, and enjoy the drive.

probably a little more full on than what you had in mind. but, maybe its something to work towards.

and by being in the cities for just one night, it limits the chance of defects(LIMITS, not eliminates)

what do you think?

interested?

any aditional ideas?

anyone else have input?

this topic got me thinking about it again....

Cool, so when r we suppose to sleep? Lol

A friend of mine from Canada is in town for the next few weeks and he's eager to hit up Melbourne and check out the scene.

We'll only be able to go after the 29th though, there are some major work commitments over the next two weekends.

Sweet as but it won't be happening so soon, I was thinking around the end of the year. I need to save up sum fuel money and also my car is gunna be off the road for awhile :(.

Cool, so when r we suppose to sleep? Lol

Easy, after the party....

Say u leave at midday, each trip is approx 10hrs.

You get to the destinations at roughly 10pm.

Party till 3 or 4 in the morning, 7hrs sleep until 11, then you have an hour to get ready, and do it all again....

From what I've seen of the European gumball, it does knock you around a fare bit. But that's the point.

One absolutly massive weekend, then recover for the week.

Just an idea...

Maybe next year, or the one after??

Could make it a charity event, pay entrants fee, all proceeds to a worthwhile charity.

I might look a little further into that.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

I see what ur getting at but I don't think we should do it like that... Mainly because we will be in a group and we will most likly get pulled over at sum point for a RBT so yea.. If we have a big night we would still be over the limit lol

I rekon we should choose a spot and stay there for afew days. It'll be more enjoyable too!

• 1 month later...