SAU Community

Questions On M35

Sydsyd

guys,

anyone here ever buy from this ebay seller?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-350Z-3-5-V6-RDA-FULL-SET-ROTORS-SLOTTED-/160588180772?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2563cd2d24#ht_1106wt_1037

is the price OK for 4 discs or do you think i need to shop around a bit more? any suggestion on where else to look?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys,

anyone here ever buy from this ebay seller?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-350Z-3-5-V6-RDA-FULL-SET-ROTORS-SLOTTED-/160588180772?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2563cd2d24#ht_1106wt_1037

is the price OK for 4 discs or do you think i need to shop around a bit more? any suggestion on where else to look?

If they are that's quite cheap :)

• 2 months later...

Sorry gents for a bit of a hijack though did anyone solve their creaking issues on uneven ground? What do i need to buy? :)

i should add i get a creak from the front and rear!

Edited by Sage222

i bet its bushes too

castor arm bushes are the first to go. grease up all the swaybar bushes too. i got mine quiet as a mouse when i went crazy with bush grease

hey guys,

got a stupid Q but thought i'd ask anyway

will a v35 lip fit the m35? i'm talking just front lip

apologies for the stupid Q

Hi Also got a few question on a M35 as i am looking at purchasing very soon.

- Any common problems of parts that allways seem to fail?

- Are used car parts and labour warranty's you get from dealers worth having?

cheers

How much should i expect to pay for a new turbo fitted? (something equivalent to stock?)

Im finding thats the problem with the warranty's they require frequent services by certified mechanics.

Does anyone know the details of the standard mandatory dealer warranty in australia is it 3months?

Dealers have a stat warranty on Cars under 10 years old of 3 months / 5000kms. That will cover everything on the car that goes wrong in that period as I understand it.

Dealers can offer extra warranty that is offered by a 3rd party warranty company. This can be for various amount of time/kms. Generally this cover will state it will cover damage to the drivetrain upto a total of $XXXX.

So an example. You buy a car and you have bought or the dealer gave you a 1 year 3rd party warranty. 6 months in, you having had the car serviced as required by the dealer, blow up the turbo. The 3rd party warranty will cover the claim up to $2000 (just say). The job will cost $3000, so you will pay the gap.

Thats how I understand it works.

some of the guys that have replaced turbos will be able to give you a cost.

I would quote you under two grand for the highflow turbo fitted, well down on the 3 or 4k it used to cost. (and what a mechanic would probably still charge.)

There is no guarantee you will get what you want with the warranty, most probably they would try and source a second hand turbo, and you would be in the same boat again down the track.

What Pn-mad said. Dealer/ broker whoever sold you the car ( not private sale) has to give you the 3months 5k stat warranty if under 10 years old and fix the issue repair. Otherwise they can take back the car and refund you in full. If not you can get Aca involved running a program that will call the dealer direct within 5 days and sort. If no comply then go to vcat. Claim under 9,999.00 and they can't get legal representation. His word against yours.

PS Scotty your offer sounds bloody good!

PS Scotty your offer sounds bloody good!

Tell me about it, between the cost Stao is supplying rebuilt turbo's at, and the speed I can change a turbo in now, you would be mad to purchase their dodgy warranty. Mine wasn't worth the paper it was written on...

I would quote you under two grand for the highflow turbo fitted, well down on the 3 or 4k it used to cost. (and what a mechanic would probably still charge.)

Ive still got the invoice the previous owner of my car paid for the highflow and refit of the turbo on my car; to the tune of $4800 or there abouts

Faaark. Mine cost just under $2k installed back when it was done... I didn't get a say regarding the internals (not that I would have known anything about it back then

Faaark. Mine cost just under $2k installed back when it was done... I didn't get a say regarding the internals (not that I would have known anything about it back then).

Faaark. Mine cost just under $2k installed back when it was done... I didn't get a say regarding the internals (not that I would have known anything about it back then

I think they took the engine out the hard way and just generally didnt know how to best approach it, likely wasted heaaaaaps of time. Just glad it wasnt me that had to foot that bill!