SAU Community

April 24th - Next Big Cruise

Snowman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a small cruise (Me, Wardest, Pred and Horus) to Portsea pub late last year. Was a nice run down to Flinders and to Portsea via Red Hill.

Old thread with map here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=26859

Perhaps if we go this way - extend it to a drive-in movie in Dromana?

http://drivein.net.au/

I voted for Hanging Rock though - haven't been there for a while, and we can include the spooky gravity hill on Cherry-tree Lane...

Either way - I'm up for it :D

OAK - We can put a rough 'total' KM's travelled, does that help you out?

ie, i'll set my trip meter from my door step and check it on return?

But that is only once we decide on a route... as we aint actually 'planned' this yet.

So it's hard to say.

Ash and snowman,

as i said ruff guess/estimate either way seems macedone or portsea seem to be the go...since i havent been to either...im not really fussed...but alot of twisties is no good (gor twisties) as if you get stuck behind a car its abit annoying....

either way they both seem like good idea's

Ash just tell me whats easier for us West's and ill vote it....

one question though, do cops bother SAU cruises like handing out defects and such?? This would be my first cruise too...

No we don't have a problem because we don't allow dickheads.

Check the GOR cruise numbers. Roughly 50 cars - not one person got hastled and we did see cops on the trip.

hey snowman. i pm'd you a while back about my boss's property in reefton. i'm all for this cruise but will go where the masses go

crack - we will DEFINITELY be doing this cruise at some stage this year and we will be in contact with you beforehand. That cruise we need a little bit more time with orgainiation than what we have right now with MAS and Easter coming up.

No we don't have a problem because we don't allow dickheads.

Check the GOR cruise numbers. Roughly 50 cars - not one person got hastled and we did see cops on the trip.

Haven't had me along yet then :spank:

Isn't this MSCA race weekend at the Island on Sunday?????? I'll possibly be servicing and checking brakes etc.......

Isn't this MSCA race weekend at the Island on Sunday?????? I'll possibly be servicing and checking brakes etc.......

Yes it is. But Im going to do the Maserati Club day the weekend before at Sandown and skip this MSCA round until Im ready for Phillip Island. And because Im organising this cruise I get to pick the date. :devfu:

But Geoff what better way to check your brakes than to come on a cruise? :spank:

Maserati event sounds good and PI is a long drive. I'll book the cruise then as I want to get to Hanging rock, which is looking a clear winner.

My brake checks are usually a bleed out and a few stops from 200kmh to make sure the pads are bedded in after idling around the city for a month.

24th April? It's 1 day after my Birthday, so I voted for The Moon... but will have to wait till I win the lotto so I can buy all the fuels needed to cruise there.... unless all of you want to generously chip in for enough fuel ;-)

Meanwhile, I'll go with the flow. Anywhere is fine.

count me in!!....as I'm from Geelong and not familiar with any of the "actual" locations I dont really mind, just good to be out for the drive. Hopefully there will be a few more geelong members keen aswell....they might actually know where there going :(

but the last GOR cruise was great, sounds like it was a pity i missed the cruise back from the bay.....but my mates g/f only decided to tell me she gets motion sickness after we got through angelsea....grrr....so thats my first question to any possible passangers now.....should also have the wolf 3d installed by then so it'll be good to see the improvement.

the twistier the better I say!!

I'm "on-call" for work that weekend :(, haven't done a long weekend for ages so it's my turn!

Am trying to give it away, but it is not looking good.

Hoping to come

Alan

I think Portsea would be good, but im already half way there so ill have to meet at mt martha or somewhere on the way. Ive lived on the peninsula my whole life and never even considered going on a cruise around here!

Are there many good windy streches of road? All i know is the esplanade around mt martha and its only a 60km zone so not too fun.

Rhett mate there are lots of good roads down your way. Go up to Arthurs seat (awesome drive at night with the views of the lights). Or down to cape schank and then follow the road to Flinders. Or for some real fun go through the "middle" of the penisular through the red hill wine regions. The road quality isn't first class but the roads are very quiet and some are a lot of fun in places.

But the main roads down through that area are quite dull though.