SAU Community

Speed Cameras Turnned Off

sydking

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

LOL i had forgotten about this, for all the trolls who cant quite read between the lines...i was kidding, as in joking, as in having a laugh as in..well you get the idea.

As for trees whizzing past in Maq pass etc, you dont need to break the speed limit for that to scare the crap out of you!

LOL i had forgotten about this, for all the trolls who cant quite read between the lines...i was kidding, as in joking, as in having a laugh as in..well you get the idea.

As for trees whizzing past in Maq pass etc, you dont need to break the speed limit for that to scare the crap out of you!

Is true. Mac Pass is quite an exhilarating drive, even at the limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Thread revival

I was beginning to think this was bullshit until this morning - spotted RTA boys ripping the Angledale (north Bega) speed camera out of the ground, and a local council truck going to town on the "speed camera ahead" signs. No more camera!

winner.... for the Bega folk....

I wish they'd do something about the two BASTARD cameras in the intersection of King Georges and Canterbury Rds... trigger happy much?

i always have a good giggle at people being done there... sure they're trigger happy, but people go flying up to get through and get done anyway... just wait and save yourself $230 or so?

...or the risk of t-boning a car that has gone through a set of lights when they are GREEN. It often stuns me when I roll up and stop at a set of lights as they've gone orange and see someone two cars back still go through that same set of lights - surely if I could stop in time, they could too, right?

On that basis, there are plenty of sets of lights I use that I ALWAYS double-check when the lights change to green, even if I'm a few cars back from the intersection.

...or the risk of t-boning a car that has gone through a set of lights when they are GREEN. It often stuns me when I roll up and stop at a set of lights as they've gone orange and see someone two cars back still go through that same set of lights - surely if I could stop in time, they could too, right?

On that basis, there are plenty of sets of lights I use that I ALWAYS double-check when the lights change to green, even if I'm a few cars back from the intersection.

My missus was involved in an accident just like you are describing; she entered a dual lane intersection from a freeway off ramp, on a green light. As she got into the middle of the intersection, she was hit between the D/S B pillar & rear wheel by a guy running the light; doing about 70- 80km/h.

This guy must've missed the yellow by at least 5-10 secs

There was a car (to her right) stopped in the lane closest to the gutter, so she wouldn't have been able to see this dope even if she'd wanted to. The lane closest to the centre island was empty, so he figured he'd just bowl through.:blink:

If he'd been there a little earlier, she'd have copped it square in the drivers door, and judging by the damage to the rear passenger door, she would've almost certainly ended up with a broken leg/hip/pelvis and possibly head injuries from hitting the window. The amount of bruising she ended up with was incredible; the whole right side of her body, from shoulder to knee; she was completely black.

I used to just belt out on the green; but since then, I'm much more observant. On a motorbike; you'd be dead.

Back on topic; they don't seem in to much of a hurry to remove the revenue raisers on that deathtrap of a straight piece of road; the M4...

yeah, i don't get why people are in such a hurry. who cares, it's 2-4 minutes of your life. change the track on your ipod, close your eyes for a second, have a breather. it's alllllll good.

wooooooosssaaaaaaahhh

3 to 4 minutes is a super long time to wait when you need to take a leak uber bad though!

• 3 weeks later...