SAU Community

Kumho Lap Battle Championship Round 3 - Date & Location Change

gregor

Yeah mate, the 235 khumos where just not up to the task, I usually run 265 Dunlop R but I got the khumos for free, the car is going in to suspension warehouse for some bushes and adjustable caster arms, while its there I'll get then to give it a good hard look over.

Also I'm in the market for some 255/40 17 R medium/hard comp tyres, not sure on what brand though, price will factor in so whatever tire rack has in that size in a motorsport tyre maybe.

I want one of those camera thingies you got though, it's awesome, what was the brand and model again ?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im suprised you killed the kumhos so quickly, we've got some guys that have used them for ages. Maybe its the soft compound that did it?

Ben - definitely agree the dummy grid area needed work. I think we can do a better job at getting cars out faster next time (accidents & spills withstanding). The WRX club did the organisation on this one and this event was a bit of a benchmark for future ones. With the feedback we are getting we can throw ideas around and improve some of the things that didnt work so well.

There wasn't duplicate groups, but white group was given a session with instructors outside the normal rotation, that was discussed at the drivers briefing. Next year there will be better communication in the lead up to the event as well, which should help as well.

The 1500 odd kg boat with 235 soft compuond was not a winner, tyres just ate themselves through massive understeer, my set up/alignment was the same as last time out but the 265 Dunlops seemed to eat it up better.

I'll be looking at my set up again though.

there is a link on evo oz to boost crusing but its mostly a few evos or static off track shots. http://www.boostcruising.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=776524

I'll link any photos on our forum here too. Waiting anxiously on a guy we had taking photos. Apparently he got a few with me popping some sizable exhaust flames - can't wait to see them :yes:

I want one of those camera thingies you got though, it's awesome, what was the brand and model again ?

The camera you were using is a Contour - Pro HD version I believe. I also use a Contour GPS which is the model below the Pro but still fantastic in my view. To make a video like the one I've posted above is soo easy (although I haven't got the sync completely spot on, it's very easy to change) with a program called Dashware - all the data you see there came from within my little camera.

I got mine from USA a few months back when the dollar was at about $1.05 US - just under $350 delivered with a suction mount. Not sure on pricing now. Good bit of kit. Get one Mark!

Mine is the ContourPlus edition, main difference is it has an external mic port.

Wasnt able to get Dashware to work at all, it detects the data and imports it but the gauges dont show anything and the lap timer just keeps ticking over...weird

There is a feature on the day here:

http://www.street-cover.com/2011/japanese-track-battle-eastern-creek-raceway.html

Please take the time to visit the sponsor websites as well, and note that the MRT discount offer is valid to all competitors:

Vsport - http://www.vsport.com.au/

V-Sport Australia specializes in performance braking systems from the world's most reputable manufacturers - Brembo (IT) & AP Racing (UK). Our fully-equipped showroom & workshop offer services ranging from friendly advice to race/rally car preparation.

With the motto "Make Every Day A Track Day", we are committed to allowing our customers to concentrate on the most enjoyable aspect of high performance road/race cars - Driving!

Open 6 days a week & conveniently located just 5 minutes from Eastern Creek

International Raceway, come & pay the team a visit even if it's just to browse through the showroom or discuss a performance brake upgrade for your vehicle.

MRT - http://mrtperformance.com.au/

I don't think MRT will need an introduction, especially with the AWD crowd.

Visit their site and check out the HUGE new MRT e-CATALOGUE.

Mention this code "EVOWRXRENEW" in the checkout comments and receive $50 free credit when you spend over $200

The MRT E-CAT has over 25 thousand parts listed, with pictures, technical articles, fitting info and more.

This also includes

100% money back if you change your mind

FREE delivery and free return freight on any part you order

Kumho / Fsport - http://www.fsport.com.au/

FSport is the proud distributor of Kumho Motorsport Tyres and Speedline Corse wheels in Australia.

Our aim is to deliver High Quality High Performance Motorsport and Road products at competitive prices to customers demanding High Performance Results as well as outstanding, innovative and reliable competitor service to all competitors at major performance and motorsport events in New South Wales.

John is a proud supporter of club level motorsport and is always happy to give advice and excellent service. See the current specials on the site for unbeatable value.

Xtreme motorsports - www.xtrememotorsports.com.au

Xtreme motorsports are all about sourcing and importing high quality imports and providing equally good service. They also stock a range of genuine accessories to compliment your car. They'll be bringing some cars down to Eastern Creek so you can see the quality for yourself. Look for them in the carports and garages.

I'd expect in the next week or so, remember we are doing this in our spare time. They're underway but its a manual process. From a quick skim over the sessions it looks like you'll be pretty close to Mal in the final points so taking the time to make sure the numbers are spot on is even more important.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd expect in the next week or so, remember we are doing this in our spare time. They're underway but its a manual process. From a quick skim over the sessions it looks like you'll be pretty close to Mal in the final points so taking the time to make sure the numbers are spot on is even more important.

any news regarding this chris???

• Latest Posts

• Because an r33 speedo bolts straight in and doesn’t require butchering the wiring 
    • A speedo corrector module has to be the simplest thing. Why anyone would consider any alternative is beyond me. You could even knock one up yourself with an arduino in an afternoon.
    • I have no idea what the power steering control module is on a non-HICAS car because I've never seen one. But it is a fair bet that is essentially the same thing as on any other Nissan of the period with variable PS. So, Maximas, that sort of thing. It will pick up the ECU's speed signal off the "bus" (there's not really a bus - any consumers of the VSS are all just connected to that output on the ECU). The output should (most likely) be a PWM signal to give you an effective average voltage between the minimum and maximum values. You could possibly look at the HICAS part of the R32 manual to see what that range is likely to be (for non-HICAS, as it should be about the same).
    • Thank you for the info!    Did you get a 33 gearbox speed sensor to have your speedometer to work? Does the Speedo work but not accurate? 
    • Took me a while to answer that.... Funny thing is, the across the river neighbour did put in an airstrip, built a hanger, and buy a cessna, because strangely they aren't allowed to build a house on the property but there is no problem building an airport terminal They've used in 3 times, once for an attempted landing where they misjudged a little, aborted and missed the trees by so little that new underwear was required. Second time the landing stuck, then a few weeks later the plane left and never returned, so I don't think aircraft noise is going to be an issue. Funny looking back through the last few posts too, I've spent a heap of time lately redoing the roads  and drains so I guess it is a 2 yearly thing to add to the calendar. Those big drains did overflow in the rain about a month ago so that is pretty disheartening....just a reminder that you can't stop nature I guess.