Kumho Lap Battle Championship Round 3 - Date & Location Change

gregor

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did you pay on their website as per recommened or just write on entry form?

He got back to me reasonably quickly yesterday afternoon so maybe give it a bit longer. If you dont get anywhere send me a PM.

is there a list of confirmed entrants, and a blue sticker on a blue car, will that work or do i have to put another colour under it so it can be seen

No passengers allowed

And mark the outline of the triangle with some black electrical tape so it stands out

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting updates on a weekly basis from the WRX club regarding entrant numbers.

At the moment there are a few skylines but there is plenty of room for more. There's a bunch of WRX's and Evo's to show up so hopefully we see more Nissan entries soon.

I am getting updates on a weekly basis from the WRX club regarding entrant numbers.

At the moment there are a few skylines but there is plenty of room for more. There's a bunch of WRX's and Evo's to show up so hopefully we see more Nissan entries soon.

is there a comfired entry list somewhere, i still haven't been sent anything saying my entry is comfirmed

Hey Michael I'm going to have to hand the "road car" championship to you (OK you would have needed to come 3rd or 4th in each round for me to close the gap). Seeing as the person caculating the scores has stuffed it up yet again for the 2nd round, who knows where the real points should be allocated. If the EVO comes close, just point out to them they allocated my 1:09.3770 time to the EVO in the R3 points, 2nd tack day. Good luck and do SAU proud.

Shame, I was really looking forward to our battle with 50kw more and coilover upgrades from our last meet. Unfortunatly just realised the new date is my first wedding anniversary and is too close to the due date for first bub, to travel more then 1hr away from the ACT.

Dam renew for changing the date. Bring on SAU December track day.

Hey Michael I'm going to have to hand the "road car" championship to you (OK you would have needed to come 3rd or 4th in each round for me to close the gap). Seeing as the person caculating the scores has stuffed it up yet again for the 2nd round, who knows where the real points should be allocated. If the EVO comes close, just point out to them they allocated my 1:09.3770 time to the EVO in the R3 points, 2nd tack day. Good luck and do SAU proud.

Shame, I was really looking forward to our battle with 50kw more and coilover upgrades from our last meet. Unfortunatly just realised the new date is my first wedding anniversary and is too close to the due date for first bub, to travel more then 1hr away from the ACT.

Dam renew for changing the date. Bring on SAU December track day.

Thank you, was looking forward to having you chase me and make me drive better, i have already pointed that mistake out in the results thread on the other page.

i've fixed the leak between the rear manifold and turbo and fitted a set of CES comp series dump pipes and have a set of cusco sway bars on order, so this would have been a good day of close compertion

cangrates on anniversary and good luck with the bub, i had twin girls 4 weeks ago and was debating attending, but someone has to carry the SAU and the GTR banners and the more that enter the better and the fact i live 10mins from EC doesn't hurt

is there a comfired entry list somewhere, i still haven't been sent anything saying my entry is comfirmed

Send me a PM with your full name and I'll let you know if its on the list I have. I wont put up the list at the moment since my copy would be a few days out of date but anyone wanting confirmation can PM me.

I'll get the point mix up sorted out.

Sorry to hear you cant make it a20089 - it was good talking to you at the previous rounds. Hope everything goes well with the birth and that we'll see the family at the track another time.

Sorry to hear you cant make it a20089 - it was good talking to you at the previous rounds. Hope everything goes well with the birth and that we'll see the family at the track another time.

Likewise Chris.

Matt 100 entrants, 25 of each make, unless that changed.

That's right. maximum 100 entrants. Likely numbers will be somewhere between 80 and 100, looking for around 20-25 per manufacturer.

That might sound like a lot but it's a bigger track than wakefield and with the cost of EC you need a fair few entrants. I dont think anyone will go home unhappy with the amount of track time they get.

Hi gregor, just confirming there are still spots available? Also, my car has a halfcage and is not registered, will there be any dramas passing scrutineering? Not sure which Type my car falls under according to the following:

14. Vehicle Categories & Classes

Only cars on street tyres or R-tyres (street legal) are permitted – no slicks allowed.

Type 1 Road registered cars with no modifications

Type 2 Road registered cars with limited modifications

Type 3 Modified cars including 3J Club Cars as per the CAMS Manual

Classes for Types 1-3

0-1600cc 1601-2000cc 2001-3000 3001cc and above

Type 4 3D Sports Sedans (as per the CAMS Manual) and all Type 1, 2, 3 or SV vehicles, including

prototype or limited production vehicles, which uses racing “slicks”.

Classes for Type 4

0-1600cc 1601-2000cc 2001-3000 3001-6000cc

Type SV Road registered kit cars (Lotus 7 Replicas, Cobras etc), Limited Compliance cars and modified

road registered vehicles having modifications in excess of that allowed in Types 1 and 2.

running on commercially available tyres.

Classes for Type SV

0-1600cc 1601-2000cc 2001-3000cc 3001cc and above.

Note: The Organisers may re-classify any vehicle if they believe it is not eligible for the class in which it

has been entered.

Im just waiting on getting my car back before I commit funds at this stage, BUT, I picked up 2 x KUMHO V700 235/40 17 from FSPORT which was my prize from the last track day, ( I think it was for spilling the most oil........sorry)

They should fit nice on the front of the boat

Im super happy.

Thankyou KUMHO and John from FSPORT.

http://www.fsport.com.au/

• Latest Posts

• They didn't. This is their comments; I'm not sure why they don't have the OEM specs. 
    • Did the oil analysis include the acceptable range for Lead? Last one i has said 1ppm is the limit and the engine I was testing had 74, 80 and 33 (was the race car, tested from brand new run in engine). It may not help to tell you the engine didn't last long, but they never did back then 
    • My engine has only an oil pressure switch from factory and I've installed an after market sensor that will alert me to pressure loss (https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/484431-my-bmw-335i/page/3/) . These engines can definitely feel long left/right handers which is why I added this sensor. There are no other symptoms at all. No strange noises (in fact after the turbos were replaced the mechanic made a note of how sweet the engine was running), no smoke, no glitter in the filter, nada. I'm just a stress head with car issues, I hate there being anything at all wrong with my cars, even if its basic. I just immediately get anxious and start thinking about catastrophic failure.  
    • Do you know where the EPS module will be located? And also the diagnostic connect located under the dash?  
    • Well, yeah, there is a (very thin) layer of soft lead on the surface of bearing shells to provide that first "cushion" against physical contact. Just because it is wearing off doesn't actually mean that the engine is dying. Of course, it can mean that the engine is dying. If the engine is making no noises and the oil pressure is (mostly, as in most of the time) fine, then it could just be suffering under particular conditions. That could be startup, or maybe at some point in the normal operation cycle - or maybe the Beemer engine suffers under long left hand bend (see, highway on ramp) and the pressure drops. You'd need to try to work out if any such thing is happening and then determine if you need a bigger oil pump, or an Accusump or something.