SAU Community

R33 Gtst Under Car Surge Tank

p_stew

Hi

Im getting ready for some decent mods to go with e85 later this year but I rekon I'll need a surge tank. Im hoping someone has some dimensions for an under car dual pump surge tank. Even if someone knows how much available space is there under the rear seat on a r33 that would be sweet

Thanks in advance

Paul

At the moment Im going garret 3071, 1000cc injectors, adjustable fpr... then the fueling issue lol

Ive already got the exhaust, fmic, pod intake, & vipec ecu with boost control.

Hoping it'll all work out lol

Thanks for the advice guys.

It seems every tuner I speak to is recomending a surge tank and dual pumps. Is this over kill? I wouldnt mind saving the money if its not needed

Cheers

you then ask how many E85 setups they've played with....

i had a GTT before my R, and with a similar sized turbo to what you're planning on running and E85, all i had was a drop-in Walbro. No issues what-so-ever, track days included.

save your money, you don't need to spend it on such an elaborate setup

Thanks again guys. Rekon I'll give it a miss untill it seems I need it. Now for the age ol question of the 3071 or 3076, been trying to figure it out forever and keep changing my mind lol. Any advice?

Thanks again guys. Rekon I'll give it a miss untill it seems I need it. Now for the age ol question of the 3071 or 3076, been trying to figure it out forever and keep changing my mind lol. Any advice?

Ditch the surge tank, I almost spent big money on a setup only after reading opinions and facts. Unless you are driving around like a dickhead on your last quater tank, you'll be fine. I don't let my car drop far below half.

Ditch the Garret, Hypergear turbo. Designed, tried and tested for the and only for the skyline.