SAU Community

M35 Electric Seats Issue

ironpaw

OK, one of the buttons stopped working (the seat recline button). If I push the button forward it'll work (the seat back will move forward) but if I press it back to recline it won't...

What do I need to check for? fuse? get a new set of buttons from YAJ?

Same happened to mine when I first got it. Sprayed some contact cleaner in it and all was good, seems that they just get dirty with dust and stuff.

Try that, if not dismantle and clean.

1. remove seats

2. remove switch from seat

3. disassemble switch and clean.

do reverse of above :)

its not that hard, be VERY careful as the leather seats weigh a ton.

and watch out as the switches may pop open when you crack open the switch box

• 6 months later...

1. remove seats

2. remove switch from seat

3. disassemble switch and clean.

do reverse of above :)

its not that hard, be VERY careful as the leather seats weigh a ton.

and watch out as the switches may pop open when you crack open the switch box

ahh drats...this has happened again.

How hard is it to remove the seat?

ahh drats...this has happened again.

How hard is it to remove the seat?

Easy. 4 bolts screw into floor. 10 or 12mm socket from memory. Tilt forward & unplug connectors underneath.

Seriously, you should have it out in less than 10 minutes.

Easy. 4 bolts screw into floor. 10 or 12mm socket from memory. Tilt forward & unplug connectors underneath.

Seriously, you should have it out in less than 10 minutes.

sweet...thanks!

worse comes to worse if I break any of the switches i'll buy a new seat :whistling:

just be careful when you disassemble the switch mechanism. when you get to the bits that are clear plastic, be VERY careful as it took me a while to get the spring back in as you can only open one side of that area. but you can get some contact cleaner in there easily without needing to open it.

just be careful when you disassemble the switch mechanism. when you get to the bits that are clear plastic, be VERY careful as it took me a while to get the spring back in as you can only open one side of that area. but you can get some contact cleaner in there easily without needing to open it.

cheers!

• 4 months later...

Awesome, please post up pics. Mine were acting up intermittently a while back.

Anyone have any ideas about the side passengers window, I can open it ok with the drivers controls but not with the passengers control.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, please post up pics. Mine were acting up intermittently a while back.

Anyone have any ideas about the side passengers window, I can open it ok with the drivers controls but not with the passengers control.

switch is probably poo. i might have a spare in the garage if you need it. give yours a clean first, that might fix it

• 11 months later...

Just took the front seat out of the stag to clean the terminals as suggested above as the forward/backward heated electric seat stopped working. This did not work for me - was spewing.... What did work however is getting a pair of pliers and banging on the electric motor. Yay! Probably a bit of grit or something was in the way and there wasn't enough torque for the motor.

Could hear the motor trying to switch on when flicking the button, so there was some* method to the madness!

Moral of the story - if it doesn't work, hit it with a pair of pliers. I hope this helps someone else.

Cannot guarantee this method but I had the same issue recently. I just squirted a whole heap of Brake Cleaner down the into the sides of the switch and presto they started working again.

Edited by Jetwreck

Cannot guarantee this method but I had the same issue recently. I just squirted a whole heap of Brake Cleaner down the into the sides of the switch and presto they started working again.

Yep - I fixed mine by taking out the switch assembly and flooding it with contact cleaner.

Jumped in the car this morning and the forward/backward was not working again! :verymad: Might try reach under the seat and give it a few more love taps with the pliers again.

Will smash it with contact cleaner again on the weekend, just for good measure.. but I am pretty sure the electric motor has pretty much had it, as I can hear the motor trying to switch on when the buttons are pressed. Anyone have any other ideas?

If I'm unsuccessful, does anyone know if anyone is selling a tan leather M35 electric heated seat? Or hell - even just the motor!

Cheers