SAU Community

wanted: magical importer or such.

everyone keeps saying how you can grab these magical r32's and cefiros for around the 5k mark... even in na form thats pretty cool

however, where the fark are they all... im yet to see one for sale.

if i could source one id probobly grab it..

so do they exist or are they all bs?

I think there is the odd one that goes for $6k for the "rubbery" landed figure.. which basically means they are free in japan (they're scrap metal to them), but then you have to add the engineering, stamp duty, registration, etc. It all adds up to at least another $1-$2k.

They are around but who knows the condition. Some look good in the photos. Not sure who is exactly buying these cars, probably noobie p-platers. Some must have landed in the country by now? Don't hear much feedback on any of them.

mine arrives this weekend

turbo auto

sunroof,one owner 76000 log books,cruise control, grade 4 no accident`s or repairs...will owe just over $8k complied

this is about as cheap as good cefiro`s get..turbo`s anyway

the $5k cars are garbage ...scrap cars ..don`t waste your time ... get some thing decent to start with..there is some nice one`s still there

If you can get one for the equivalent of about 1500 bucks then it'll cost between 8-9k landed and registered. 1500 bucks still doesn't get you much so you have to look pretty hard. The really good ones go for alot more.

But you now have the extra bullshit that was brought in a couple of weeks ago that bits of the air conditioning have to be removed before it goes on the boat so basically add 200-300 to get it here and 400 to fix the aircon when it arrives

$9k was easy...is about 400k yen in jp, you can check the rest of the costs from the calculator at http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/

However, like I said the car was not in great condition...and I haven't had to pay for rego or compliance because its a race car. All other costs are the same tho

p.s this in no way means he isnt good. its just a personal preference due to some things that dont really matter to anyone asides from me and my mates.

plus 1k fee on a car id be paying 1500 for isnt fair... should be a staggered system

well, the problem with the brokerage fee is they do the same amount of work no matter what the price is....would you want them to check it less thoroughly because it was worth less? All the paperwork takes just as long too :)

In any case, as long as you don't expect too much from a 15yo car it can be a great deal.