SAU Community

Sau Act Cruise To The Nationals

Shell

In case some of you have been living under a rock :P the SAU Nats are being held in Victoria on the 28th-30th October.

On the Friday, the NSW guys are leaving Sydney bright and early and we're going to meet up with them at the big service centre near Yass to do the road trip.

This is just a call out to anyone who perhaps didn't know about it, or was thinking of coming, to feel free to join us!

Me, Tats, Pat (and Nic), Richard (& son), and Robert are all confirmed and heading from the ACT. There is quite a lot of Sydney guys, so it should be an awesome convoy down the highway!

I have copied and pasted some details from Eric's thread below. Link to whole thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/376794-sau-nationals-road-trip-super-cruise/

General shit talking about the Nats with the NSW guys here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/376109-sau-nationals-28-30th-october-2011/

SAU Nationals Road Trip

This is just an unoffical SAU cruise where we can enjoy the trip together and make a long trip much more enjoyable. The whole trip takes about 8 hours without stops so we will need to meet up early and leave strictly on time.

I've given about 15 minutes of buffer for each of the stops. The idea is that if you REALLY want a certain type of fuel or have to pee, then stop and meet us at the next location. As long as you are quick and don't dilly dally you should be fine. We have two longer breaks - for meeting up in Yass and then a quick lunch & Pit stop in Albury.

What to bring:

Be sure to be prepared for a solid 8 hours of driving. Have brekkie before we meet up and have your sunscreen on - nothing worse than truck driver tan!

If you have a CB bring it along so we can chat along the way.

THE PLAN:

Sydney Meeting Point:

Starting Location: Pheasants Nest Mobile

Starting Time: Meet up @ 6:30 for a 7 AM SHARP! departure.

We WILL leave right at 7 am so don't miss the bus.

Remember we are on a strict schedule to meet up with the Canberra people at meeting point #2.

Canberra Convoy Catch-up:

Starting Location: Caltex Truck Stop @ Yass off Hume Hwy

Meet up Time: Meet up @ 10:15 AM for a 10:45 departure.

Fast Fuel & Lunch stop in Albury:

Arrival Time in Albury: 1:45

Activity: Fuel stop of choice and grab fast food lunch

Meeting Point: Aquatic Centre

Departure time: 2:30 SHARP! Don't be tardy!

Arrival in Shepparton: 4:40 pm

Now check into your hotel, have a quick tidy up and meet up for the pre-SAU Nats festivities!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you wanting to actually enter the event, SAU NSW have 10 "allocated" spots for the Winton trackday and I believe only 3 spots are taken. If you are keen, get in now, because the VIC guys have filled their spots and have a list of reserves who will be allocated our spots if we haven't filled them!

I have entered the Show and Shine... there is no real drama about missing out on a spot there however :thumbsup:

http://www.saunats2011.com/

It's gonna be awesome!!! I'm looking forward to the cruise down there. The NSW lads have a few things planned like a nice cruise video.

I'm not entering anything as of yet. def not the track day as it'll be my first and more importantly my car's first, i wouldn't want to have it f**k out so far away...

Me and Nic are heading off to melbourne on the monday so we won't be convoying back with everyone.

Haha it's Shepparton, there's probably somewhere you could set up your swag :laugh:

We're all over town... Tirana is the main one (where we always stay for DECA) but it's full... some of us are staying at the Quest, and the Central Shepp Apartments.

Keen for a bit of a cruise and "reintegration" into the SAU society haha - hopefully have the GTR back by then, although she is looking a bit worse for wear in the body department :(

Where are you staying Richard? If we can get the same place we can booze on till early hours of the morning :cheers:

Edited by Amaru

• 2 weeks later...