SAU Community

Radiator Cap

66yostagea

When driving normally, city/country the oil temperature is about 85C. Coming up the Mountain, about 5K long, full boost set at 9PSI, when I get to the top oil temp is 110C.The run home then takes about 5 minutes @ 60kph. When I get home temp is about 100C and when the engine is turned off you can hear the gurgle in the back of the block. If I let motor run for 5min the temp goes down to 80 and no gurgle when turned off.

This only started after I fitted the Greddy style FF plenum, fmic and pod. And I have used the air bleeder many time to see if air was trapped in the back of the engine. but never found any.

When stock I had the cold air induction plate fitted with an oiled Redline filter in the stock air box It is still in place.

Istill have the DIY auto tranny oil cooler fitted in the front of the radiator.

Things I could do are

Higher pressure radiator cap Current one is 0.9.

I have an Apexi turbo timer to fit

I am considering fitting an oil cooler. Already have filter relocator.

Get a bigger radiator.

Any clues??????????

Edited by 66yostagea

I'd still suspect air lock first. Try parking with the rear down hill, nose in the air, bleeder closed, heater on full, and a half coke bottle full of water in the radiator cap.

Ultimately, 110 oil and 100 water is not too hot, so you could always just live with it unless it gets worse

I'd still suspect air lock first. Try parking with the rear down hill, nose in the air, bleeder closed, heater on full, and a half coke bottle full of water in the radiator cap.

Ultimately, 110 oil and 100 water is not too hot, so you could always just live with it unless it gets worse

Never tried it with the heater on, so will give that a go