SAU Community

Exhaust Problem Video Upload

hi guys ive uploaded a video of my exhaust problem which i have tired to explain many times before so ive uploaded a video

the speed limit is 80 so dont worry about speeding.

just wondering it its back pressure related or something is wrong as it sometimes does that ka doom sound after each gear change which actually slows the car down

where when it doesnt do that like the first shift from 1st to second it kinda propells the car forward its weird

exhaust set up is stock headers, high flow cat,2.5" exhausr no mufflers with a cannon and a resonator in the middle

car is a non turbo r34 gt

here is the link

to skip to the KA DOOM sound look at 41-43 secs

please help. :D cheers guys

please no trolling.

Edited by bra0063

Here I was expecting someone complaining about their raspy exhaust... but no, a genuine anomaly haha.

Could you please try and get a better video. Longer / clearer video of the problem (possible outside video aswell).

Its very hard to tell because it all happens in literally 2-3secs then the vid is over and the qualitys not that great.

Perhaps a clutch problem?

Here I was expecting someone complaining about their raspy exhaust... but no, a genuine anomaly haha.

Could you please try and get a better video. Longer / clearer video of the problem (possible outside video aswell).

Its very hard to tell because it all happens in literally 2-3secs then the vid is over and the qualitys not that great.

Perhaps a clutch problem?

ok ill get one tomorrow haha i think my exhaust souns good lol its an auto so it cannot be clutch im pretty sure its back pressure related but its on and off with the kadoom problem so its hard to film :(

your fuel light is on...probably getting a bit of fuel surge

its does it even when its full which is weird here are 2 more vids i was bored lol

top one is normal smooth shift= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uikv0ocqdPc

bottom one is ka doom= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wczannAfOo4

cheers

soz about quality i phone sucks balls :S

Sounds ok to me,are u using the shift to manually change the gears because your video indicates 7000rpm =redline on first gear may be a transmission fault.

yeah i am, im shifting at aroung 6800 rpm sometimes its smooth and sometimes it makes that bang sound like back pressure isnt being achieved its alot louder bang with the windows down

Sounds ok to me,are u using the shift to manually change the gears because your video indicates 7000rpm =redline on first gear may be a transmission fault.

what do you mean by this should it rev higher?

and transmission has been services and its all on good strong condition so it cant be transmission

are you guys noticing a difference between the 2 videos?? im wondering why the bottom video the exhaust sounds different to the top one (both are from first to second on the same road) it only sometimes makes that "doom" sound and when it does it feels like its loosing

power for some reason

these 2 videos were taken with in 3 mins of eachother.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

is it just before the up-shift?

the snoarer cuts ignition on up shifts above 50% throttle.

so bangs and pops like a rev limiter to look after the gearbox

nearly shat my pants first time it happened

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to tell from inside, a outside video drive by would be good ..

My auto gtst does a bang aswell when flooring it (3inch xforce turbo back) sounds like a loud drone/bang noise or "ka doom" coming from the cannon when it shifts into gear for a second (occurs sometimes)

just back pressure i believe..oh btw i always use the 98 octane to from bp

Edited by BrOwnY GT