SAU Community

Stagea Caliper Ears To Suit Skyline R32 Gtst Calipers And Big Rotors

sheepus

Considering making caliper ears, to push a R32 Skyline GTS-T 4 Pot caliper further out with a large rotor. This kit will be for front brakes only, and depending on what people want, can come with Braided brake lines, ears and rotors if necessary. Will suit Stagea front caliper bolts, and use Skyline bolts for the calipers, so straight bolt on with decent sized rotors and cheaper option for calipers.

Post ur interest here

The shroud has to be cut away to accomodate the larger diameter discs.

The dogbones I linked require 324mm disc size, which can be bought to suit an GTR. The discs Im using are to suit the 300zx TT as per the kit that CPZ sell, however the 5 stud holes are larger than the stock size so they're not exactly the perfect fit. I dont see that as a big deal tho.

TBH Im through modifying the stagea so for now they'll have to do. To me now its "just" a car. :(

Yup same deal, using dogbones to move the caliper out further to suit a larger rotor, Im doing this as i have 32 GTS-T calipers but i feel the rotors are rather small, nothing like leverage for such a large car. If i go ahead with it, the laser cutting will theoriticly be cheaper if i get more than 1, say a batch of 10. Just seeing peoples interest

i just thought i would let u know i was expermenting with r32gtr discs and calipers and they bolted strait on to my rs4 but i took them off again because they did not fit in the standard wheels i am waiting till sss at blacktown get more 33gtr wheels and i will put them all back on

i took a stagea for a drive with the 32gtr brakes and it was sooo good it pulled up so well

or you can use 34gtt brakes but with a bolt spacer.

hopefully sss gets a new container from japland soon with my wheels i cant wait and i got a diff for my stagea coming its off a 01 stagea different lsd 1.5 way compared to my 98 which i think is a .5 way

im aware they bolt straight on, but the bolts are different correct? my understanding is people use sleeves to retain the stagea 12mm bolt with the skyline 14mm hole in the caliper. Correct me if im wrong as i actually haven't started my brake conversion. The reason for the ears is so i can use a much larger rotor with the cheaper gts-t brakes.

s1=12mm like r33

s2=14mm like r34

although some s1's have been found with 14mm bolts

i think a setup that allowed you to use the stock calliper with 324mm gtr rotors would be excellent

i had to scrounge up some new wheels when i upgraded to 34 brakes because of clearance issues

s1=12mm like r33

s2=14mm like r34

although some s1's have been found with 14mm bolts

i think a setup that allowed you to use the stock calliper with 324mm gtr rotors would be excellent

i had to scrounge up some new wheels when i upgraded to 34 brakes because of clearance issues

I've just done the GTST conversion on my S1 that had 14mm and used Scott"s sleeves to fit the 12mm. All good.

Now fitting the 2pot S1, 14mm, to the 25G which is 12mm. Had to take the axle assy off to drill out holes to 14.5 dia.

The material was too hard to drill in place as drill speed too great. Using the RS4 rotors as 25G are only 20mm thick.

The wider rotors just rub on the shroud so have to pack both the rotor AND the caliper out 2.5mm. Just waiting for new boots for Lca..

Nissan dont sell the boots, you have to buy the WHOLE Lca. Sps are getting me some boots for $10.

Will be glad to get the N/A back on the road as 18yo is not allowed the drive a Turbo and he has an auto licence and the Sky is manual