SAU Community

rip off plumber

DVS-8OR

What eva you do don't call this plumber A.S.A.P Plumbing & Electrical.

http://www.asapplumbing.com.au/

They will certainly rip you off, they will charge u $65 just to come to your house and give a large quote just to fix a clog toilet. You refuse their service and they get $65 of your hard earn cash just to do nothing.

The worse thing abt this, i was at work wen they came over n my parents was home. i thought it wasn't goin to be too much cause we had a clog toilet before.

They come over take a look around and say it $500 to fix it. My parents call me up saying they don't want it and the guy is asking for $65 for coming down. They hand the fone over to him n i tell the guy that wen i called up u said it was gona cost from $65 and im not going to pay the money for doing nothing. He say fine he be going, later he comes back a says to my parents that they better pay or he gona call the cops on them.

I was so pissed of when they told me what happen

tell him to **** off and call the cops, and then the cops can take out the fair trading book and tell the plumbers that it only cost 45-65 dollars to unblock a toilet.

cops cant do shot and they cant make you pay.

Most tradespeople charge a quote to cover their time if they come out and you don't go ahead with the job, although if you do go ahead usually they'll take it off the bill.

As for that guys tactics, that's a bit harsh. Usually the tradespeople I've dealt with send you an invoice in the mail.

well, I know for a fact i wouldn't drive outta my way for ungrateful people that that want something for nothing..... DVS-8OR maybe you should let them know when you first ring them that you wont pay over $50 and your not copping a travelling charge.... Should get heaps of plumbers wanting to go to your house and do it for nix.

What eva you do don't call this plumber A.S.A.P Plumbing & Electrical.

http://www.asapplumbing.com.au/  

They will certainly rip you off, they will charge u $65 just to come to your house and give a large quote just to fix a clog toilet. You refuse their service and they get $65 of your hard earn cash just to do nothing.

The worse thing abt this, i was at work wen they came over n my parents was home. i thought it wasn't goin to be too much cause we had a clog toilet before.

They come over take a look around and say it $500 to fix it. My parents call me up saying they don't want it and the guy is asking for $65 for coming down. They hand the fone over to him n i tell the guy that wen i called up u said it was gona cost from $65 and im not going to pay the money for doing nothing. He say fine he be going, later he comes back a says to my parents that they better pay or he gona call the cops on them.

I was so pissed of when they told me what happen

Bejesus! - What the hell did you do to your toilet :dump:

Just keep flushing till it goes away. :jk:

Seriously though, that's a bit rich asking for $500 to un block a toilet, but I do think you could have expected him to charge for the quote. I don't know of many places that would come out to quote a small job for free. Like if you wanted a new bathroom plumbed in and a heater installed I'm sure they'd be happy to come and quote for free, but for a small job they wouldn't want to come out to your place to quote for nothing. I can definately see both sides to this, if you guys pay me $50 each, I'll be happy to impartially mediate your dispute! or you can take him onto springer or Judge Judy for some :chairshot

Richard