SAU Community

Skyline 350Gt Manual

:closedeyes: Hi there.

At present i have 2 x R32 skylines a GTR and a GTST, both nice cars, both fun to drive.

I thought that a 350GT could be a good upgrade model for the good old 32's.

After searching the net i found a nice 2003 350GT premium, brembos, 6 speed manual, at an import dealer.

I went to check it out yesterday, and what a great looking car it was, perfect condition, like new,

all first class, UNTIL I DROVE IT.

What a disappointment, it felt very unsporty, almost boring, non of that RB zing that i have been used too, just a noise. I thought the V6 would be very smooth.

Also as has been reported in other forums the interior is below par for a quality nissan product, and those gauges look like something out of a eighties pulsar.

When i first saw this car i thought i would buy it, but within about 30 minutes.............. NO WOW FACTOR

The character of the old 32 33 34 skylines has been lost.

Have any other SAU members had the same letdown or am i just out of touch with the currant nissan products.

good luck trying to find any newish car that is as unrefined as a dirty old skyline, as that seems to be what you are really wanting, especially when comparing it to an r32. put simply, new cars = refined. old cars = rough around the edges.

and if the v6 wasn't smoother than a dirty old rb20 then it must've been missing a spark plug or 3. and obviously it will feel different to drive too, being a large NA motor compared to a smaller motor with a turbo. smaller motors are always more highly strung, while bigger NA motors are more lazy.

oh and FYI, i'm not a v6 fan.

What makes you think i have a couple of dirty old R32's ?

I keep my old 32's in top condition.

Also i have owned many cars over the years, from Aussies to European to Jap, all have good and bad points, even the the Rb series, no car is perfect.

I was hoping to get some constructive ideas of how to make one of these 350GT's into a better car, not just "throw a turbo on"

What mods have been successful on the 350GT ?

Thanks Dan

Are their any 350GT owners out there that have done mods. (engine, suspension) and are happy with the results.

I would like to hear of any positive results from owners the GT

I still would like to own this car if spending a few bucks will change its character.

Go to G35Driver

Its pretty much teh same car, just LHD

Read, learn, then make a educated decision.

+1 on Dans mods, but I'd do swaybars and springs first. then exhaust + ztube/spacer.

You might want to post in the V series place too...

Had a R33 GTST loved it for 4 years

then imported a V35 Coupe (40th anniversary all leather model)

Sold within 1st year

Brought a R34 GTR :)

I still miss the V35, it is a very nice place to be in and mine was a very smooth car to drive

but it's not a car you go "wow"

in effect a V35 makes for a very nice daily... but not so good a weekender, where you want to get in and have a big grin when you start the engine

Wife bitches about the GT-R and loves the V35 interior and ride ......

What makes you think i have a couple of dirty old R32's ?

I keep my old 32's in top condition.

Also i have owned many cars over the years, from Aussies to European to Jap, all have good and bad points, even the the Rb series, no car is perfect.

I was hoping to get some constructive ideas of how to make one of these 350GT's into a better car, not just "throw a turbo on"

What mods have been successful on the 350GT ?

doesn't matter what condition they are in, they are still a dirty old r32.

Thanks Kushil

I think you have just about summed it up, a nice car

Did you do any mods when you had the V35

Cheers

I fixed an earthing kit which really did effect the gear changes on the car, it pretty common thing people do with V35

No other handling stuff was done - the car came with aftermarket suspension from Japan as well, so sightly low ride height, not sure if this effected handling (either in a good or bad way)

also as with MANY V35 i had to

- replace power window motor's (did it my self by looking at a g35 driver tutorial)- very common issue

- had to fix stereo which dropped off front speakers occasionally + add ipod connectivity - very common issue

- put back the xenon's after compliance

• 2 weeks later...

Hey G

If you are really looking to upgrade check out this site in the states, GT Motorsports in So Cali

They have put on V35 SC, ST and TT kits for years and will even mod the kit itself.

If you would like to blaze the glory of your olde RB, and I do understand that missing feeling, you can upgrade and reading and seeing the customers cars you can see yourself,,,LOL applying for a loan....sooner rather then later.....lol

GL G

B