SAU Community

R33 Gtst Fuel Consumption

rbjunkie

Hey,

I've recently got a R33 GTST and just wondering what sort of KM people get to a full tank? I've got 400km at the moment with roughly 1/8tank left (BP ultimate). The car is 100% stock. Is this normal?

The car is only a daily so i'm looking to get the best milage possible. Should I start looking at the O2 sensor? Is it worth getting something like a NISTUNE to trim some of the fuel? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I wouldve thought about 500km/tank would be about right? Am I being too optimistic?

Cheers :)

400 of city driving sounds pretty fair. You could expect to get more on the highway.

City driving will have very little time to utilise the O2 sensor, since the ECU only reads the sensor at constant throttle (cruise), and there's not a lot of constant throttle in stop-start city driving.

I'd say that 60-70% driving is on the freeway, sorry I shouldve mentioned that. Idling and low revs the O2 sensor runs a closed loop so basically isn't in effect yeah? I wouldve thought that it wouldve got 450-500km pretty comfortably to be honest. Would getting it retuned with a remap gain me much better gains in economy for it to be feasible?

Thread closed. Believe it or not, but since SAU started more than 7 years ago, this topic has been discussed before.

Please use the search function in future. It may be found here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

While we understand that it can be frustrating to have your thread closed - Please consider that other members may feel it to be disrespectful and selfish of you to post a simple question, without using the search feature to review the wealth of information provided by said members over the years.

If you still feel that this action is unjust, then please PM me and we can discuss it further.