SAU Community

Coolant Leak..

kones

So i got my car back from tuners with a coolant leak..

I have replaced all water hoses with new silicon hoses and checked everything..

Filled up my car this arvo with fresh Nulon, After probably 3 litres goes in it starts leaking from what i can see is down off the starter motor, and down off the gearbox.

Does anyone have any idea of what it could be. Im leaning towards heater issues in the dash but i dont have wet carpet,...

Thanks Al

Theres a little turbo cooler line at the very back on the engine, behind the rocker covers....right down the back (for an rb25det) may be the same for your 32. Check that with a mirror after a run.

Edited by Gouch12345

From what i can see, it is not leaking out of the block in any way.

The hoses are a JJR set from Just jap..

The coolant leaked out before the engine was turned one.. once i started filling it up. it just trickled out

• 1 month later...

the hard line feed to the turbo?

That hard line wont be leaking, that line starts from the inlet manifold, on the inlet side there is a 90 degree rubber hose that goes around the back corner of the head, its an absolute bitch to replace the rubber hose, it was easier for me to connect a hose to the inlet manifold and then run rubber hose to where you have taken the pic and join back to the hard line there.

ok, my fix would still be the same, trace it back to where the rubber hose on the other end joins on the inlet manifold and run rubber hose around the back to some where in your picture, cut the hard line there and slip the rubber hose over it, will do just as good job for 1/10th the headaches