SAU Community

Purple R33 Skyline Just Stolen In Launceston

zoidbergmerc

Somthing has to be done police obviously pose no threat to the sort of people that comit these crimes and obviously the police dont care a great deal about it. So its time for vigilante law bring on the ski masks, bats of all desription and broken knee caps all round for all the scum bags involved :rant:

Police are after these guys without a shadow of a doubt. Sad thing is our legal system once they get caught (and they will) - they get a slap on the wrist and let go which the punishment doesn't act as a deterrent.

Hope the car turns up soon in reasonable condition. This is getting out of hand!

this constant stealing of skylines and just car theft in general makes me a sad panda =(

gawd its getting out of hand. and the police do have ago, only to be let down by the legal system. I spoke to a copper named gordie I think a few year back at a servo, poor bugger had just had his S2 33 nicked and he was after parts to fix it. knew who did it, got them, and stuff all happened, let out hours laters with a red wrist. it shits them too dont worry.

there will always be theives, coming up thru the ranks of scum who work for nothing, have nothing and never will but are more than prepared to take what you have worked for.

few things I did with my car for a few years whilst it was my daily, parked in moonah everyday. 1) quick release kit for the the steering wheel. need to have aftermarket wheel, boss kit and release kit, certainly keep the scum wondering the it has no steerer! 2) immobilizer with flashing light in view. I think better than a alarm/immobilizer is 2 kill switches. put one the the boot and one in the car under the dash or where ever is out of sight. unplugh the coilpack wiring loom or the ignition mod. in a 26 or S1 25 etc. even unplug the AFM or CAS. I even adjusted my widnow stops so the side glass came up further than factory, so it jamed up under the pillar, so they cant use a bendy rod the unlock the door. they would of had the smash the glass.

the little f**kers may well read this. bottom line is, if they want it, they will take it. you need to make it harder, take more time, make them need to bring more shit and make more noise. always park the car in light or lit up areas if you must park it on the street at night. And if you drive it to work try to keep it on a main drag if possible. or with passing traffic.

they do get taken from yards and garages, not as often but it has happened. when coming home anytime but epecially night, if someone is behind you, pull up before you get home or do the block and whatever. try to put the car away with the least amount of eyes on it as possible.

really IMO if you cant park it off the street out of view or in a garage, you shouldnt really own one.

back when i used to drive my car often, if i parked it in say the city, i'd take the wheel with me and pop the bonnet and disconnect things etc so anyone watching would know it wouldn't be a prise the window open and cut the immobilizer job and go.

and never leave the car if it breaks down. stay with it, and if you must go, let the tires down or take the AFM with you, whatever.

if anyone can catch them I'm more than happy to take the down to tasman island or pedra and tow them about to see if i can rouse up a mako!

Anyone know people with guns? lol.. should go shoot up the house, smash a brick through the window with a note saying stay away from our cars... they'll soon learn!

Man this is getting outta hand again hey. Obviously like GTR092 said the punishment doesn't fit the crime so they don't care. The only problem with fighting back/vigilante style stuff (and trust me I'm all for it) is that what have they got to lose? A $1500 commy and a housing commision house thats about it! Compared to what we've all got to loose generally 1 or more cars 1 being our pride and joy and big$$$ car that we've worked hard for a house and family we care about it's a war we can't afford to get into. We mess 1 or 2 of them up and suddenly they take it personally and think they then have the right to steal/vandalize/burn any car they think might have been involved. So what do we do then? Is anybody prepared to murder one of these people? I'm pretty sure that the punishment for that DOES fit the crime! Dont know about anyone else but I don't want to go to jail thats for sure.

It's frustrating and upsetting that it's happening again and I really feel for the poor guys who have been a victim to this but like Jack said we do have a fair bit of power to prevent this. 90% of the time we make it too easy for these scumbags to take our cars. My brothers XF Fairmont got stolen from Kingston about 5 years ago, got found out at New Norfolk a few days later absolutely trashed but the worst part was that we could've prevented it. We got home from my birthday at about 1am and he parked it on the street cause we lived in a unit behind another house and didn't want to wake them. First mistake! Second mistake didn't alarm it again made too much noise! Third and final mistake we noticed 2 of the neighbours cars interior lights on and didn't put 2+2 together just had a bit of a laugh that they'd be unhappy in the morning! Of course next morning cars gone and it all clicks.

We need to do everything we can to minimize their ability and make it hard for them.

Detatchable hubs, if you cant afford one an old school club lock is nearly as good a deterant. I had one on my 31 and they tried to steal it 3 times 3rd time they actually bent the steering wheel they tried that hard!

Unplug shit, have 2-3 kill switches around your car that only you know where they are if your no good with wiring I'm sure someone on here can help you out, immobiliser/alarm, But dont instantly assume that it's safe cause of that these guys know what their looking for and know how to get around them it's just to slow them down, where you park makes a huge difference to how safe your car is. If they see your car parked outside your house everynight then of course they'll case it and have a crack at it. Box it in with other cars put it out of view and do watch for dodgy dream boats following you home.

At the end of the day if they want your car they'll either get it or burn it after trying and thats sad but life. If any skyline owner doesn't have insurance then they're crazy as hell thats for sure. I'm glad mine is safely locked away in the shed in pieces but not for long and I would die if anything happened to it once I get it back on the road thats why I'm going to be paranoid. Remember vigilance is the key not vigilanteism!

i had a clublock on my old 33, one that goes around the wheel up in to the windshield... dream boats actually snapped it trying to get it off, then f**ked my ignition.. the day before i was ment to swap it.... i now block my car in with my gf's auto so they cant move it, have it right next to my window, alarm AND steering lock... soon to get the detatchable hub and take it inside lol