Formula One 2012

N1GTR

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bieber with a commanding quali lap comfortably on pole.

was really surprised at that given how close the rest of the qualiy was

Q2 was edge of the seat stuff with the top 6 covered by less than a tenth of a second!

If only this track provided racing as exciting as that!

hopefully Koba or Romain can get winner no 8

Mark Webber labels his qualifying issues in Valencia as a "big hit"

Mark Webber described the DRS problem that wrecked his European Grand Prix qualifying session as a "big hit" for his championship chances.

The Red Bull driver will start only 19th in Valencia due to the issue. Webber had earlier run into technical problems in free practice as well.

"We had no DRS. That's worth 1.3 seconds, so it makes it very difficult when you have no DRS," he said.

"The car's put up a big fight today. We've only managed four laps all day, and three of those were in qualifying.

"We had one lap on primes at the start and then went to the pits because the gearbox hydraulics were playing up.

"The guys did the right thing by putting me onto the options because we were in a desperate situation there to try and get through because it's very tight.

"The laptime wasn't too bad given the DRS was out, but it doesn't do anything to help our situation. So now we have to do what we can tomorrow."

Webber admitted that the Valencia qualifying result could prove costly.

"It's a big hit for us," he said. "With this one and Barcelona, that's two difficult qualifyings through no fault of my own, but that's the way it can go over 20 races."

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/100624

I agree.. we all know he is quick but doesnt like the strategies put in place by the team. Perhaps he is just used to the old style of F1 where it was go 100% all the time and best driver wins