SAU Community

Brake fluid bleeder thingos...

I have no idea what they are called but they sit no the end somewhere and allow you to bleed your brake fluid with one person instead of a few???

You give them a half turn on the wrench and they bleed themselves with the pressure of your foot on the pedal.

Hmmm, what am i talking about..?

If you know what I'm on about, can you give me some feed back on them.

Are they worth it? (I like to do these fluid replacements myself)

..and any links as to where to get em from.

What are they called???

Much appreciated...

Birnie :D

The type you describe are the full replacement valves - I have seen these advertised on a US website but cant remeber exactly where sorry.

I have a bleed kit, which consists of a clear plastic tube with a one way valve on one end, attaches to the standard bleed valve. Just crack the bleed valve, and place tube over the valve and the other end (the one way valve) in a container - then pump the brake pedal. Works just fine, cost around $10-15 from memory. Bought it from autobarn.

Yeah, i think thats the option i will be going for, cheap and sounds like it works well.

The other one looks nice and flashy but not relly neaded i think.

The speedbleeder was the one i was thinking of though, thanks SydneyKid.

I lurv this site. The feedback is great :P

Hi Duncan, with the speed bleeder system you CAN do it on your own. It may not be the best way, but it's better than not bleeding the brakes at all, if you're a Nigel No Friends.