SAU Community

Thread For Na's

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traffic light grand prix in an NA is like watching handicapped people race in wheelchairs.

Even if you win, you're still retarded. sleep.gif

kinda depends on what the NA is.......

oh ok when i say chopped its usually a run from zip to 80 and I was about drivers side door level when i backed off. this was against a bf ute with a system under it. I've never had any trouble with later model commodores and falcons (in p plate trim of course) generally walk away from them when i hit second lol :).

(word of warning el & ef xr6s can sometimes be very suprising :P)

i'm assuming that most of the aussie 6's you are racing are autos? is your car a manual by any chance? if so, then that is a somewhat unfair comparison. go up against a manual falcon/commodore and you will get chopped. just like auto skylines, auto commodores/falcons are noticably slower than the manual versions. although if you go up against an auto with a shorter diff ratio in it (since they are stupidly tall in standard form) and it too will beat you.

i'm assuming that most of the aussie 6's you are racing are autos? is your car a manual by any chance? if so, then that is a somewhat unfair comparison. go up against a manual falcon/commodore and you will get chopped. just like auto skylines, auto commodores/falcons are noticably slower than the manual versions. although if you go up against an auto with a shorter diff ratio in it (since they are stupidly tall in standard form) and it too will beat you.

Mate has a 15.3 sec VR commodore, it has a 3.89 diff ratio in it and beats my car to 100kph easy, after that though its like he's standing still :P

IMO Hondas and their little vtec engines are far less than impressive... Vtec really isnt that great... When it kicks in all that i feel is a slight change in the exhaust note and an urgency in the tacho, as far as the actual car, it still feels slow - acceleration is still slow and the lack of torque makes the whole car feel gutless.

I used to be a "Honda Boy", but after having owned two vtec civics in the past (eg and ek) and having driven all the Honda "sport" car models (except nsx) I grew a disliking towards them. d16, b16, b18, k20 and h22, had my experiences with them all and they all suck...

Although i have driven an S2k and those are nice, my only gripe about the car is that it is overpriced. Apart from that, the car is nice. I'm also pretty certain an nsx will be a nice car as well - just need to get my ass in one

that civic must have a bit of work done to it (or possibly an engine conversion from something like an integra or prelude), as well as some sticky tyres

don't suppose you've taken any notice of the trap speeds of it?

My bf's supra does laps aroun my 34 (both na)

Just like my car would run laps around his supra :P

that civic must have a bit of work done to it (or possibly an engine conversion from something like an integra or prelude), as well as some sticky tyres

don't suppose you've taken any notice of the trap speeds of it?

The civic i mentioned in my first post had pulled 3 car lengths on my NA Z, and i trap 97MPH so i bet it would have done 100+mph trap, they are fairly quick when done up properly.

Edited by Super Drager