SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

Stock RB25DET (head bolts, head gasket, internals)

hks 256/264 cams and ex cam gear

nismo 740cc injectors

apexi pfc with a z32

garrett gt3076 .82 turbo with tial 44mm gate

GTR intercooler

Greddy plenum

Tomei 500hp lift pump with a 044 feed

Nismo fuel reg

23psi and BP Ultimate

BIG thanks to Trent and Cat from Chequered Tuning. Glad to see there are still legit people in the Auto industry.

That is an excellent result! Nice work, got to be happy with that - over 200kw @ wheels at 4000rpm and nearly 340kw on BP98... imagine it on E85! The old GT3076Rs don't get that much love these days, but they do the job.

Lithium: the 3076r is an awesome turbo for the street. Great mix of response and power on pump fuel. They may not make mega hp but for the 300kw range they are perfect.

I'll be heading to calder park drag strip soonish and will post up vids

So what's the definitive answer on turbo choice to reach this cute little club with the most response possible? On boring 98 that is, with supporting mods ect ect.

I'm thinking GTX3071? Just want to touch 300 or just under, typically seeing 290kw ish @20 psi on this turbo. Anything better suited?

Edited by owen1r

That is an excellent result! Nice work, got to be happy with that - over 200kw @ wheels at 4000rpm and nearly 340kw on BP98... imagine it on E85! The old GT3076Rs don't get that much love these days, but they do the job.

They dont get much love when there are HTA's in their place :P

Trents confident it will go high 3 hundy to 400kw on e85 or c16.

I'll muck around with the car like this for a while. She's fast :D

363rwkw seems to be the magic number mate, we punished mine and no matter what we did it wouldn't go 1kw more! Same result on NYTSKYs built engine too! They just have nothing left to give after that!

363rwkw seems to be the magic number mate, we punished mine and no matter what we did it wouldn't go 1kw more! Same result on NYTSKYs built engine too! They just have nothing left to give after that!

That's the limit on JEM's dyno, but things would probably be different on the Dynapack - still reckon you should take yours to a hubber sometime, or a dragstrip and get some ridiculous mph ;) That'd put things into perspective! :D

That's the limit on JEM's dyno, but things would probably be different on the Dynapack - still reckon you should take yours to a hubber sometime, or a dragstrip and get some ridiculous mph ;) That'd put things into perspective! :D

Oh yeah good point! Oops...

Will get there this year.... So far i have booked 6 events for the year and hopefully one of them will be Coota!

360kw with better response than I already have is more than enough. If I change turbos ill go forced performance 3076

Yeah nice one! Was the best thing i ever did, drives so much better everywhere off boost and on! In saying that i do miss the 3076 super whistle lol

So what's the definitive answer on turbo choice to reach this cute little club with the most response possible? On boring 98 that is, with supporting mods ect ect.

I'm thinking GTX3071? Just want to touch 300 or just under, typically seeing 290kw ish @20 psi on this turbo. Anything better suited?

T67 8 or 10cm

See mine hasn't got the anti surge cover :( just looks like a run off the mill ar70 comp cover

Interesting, so you don't have the standard issue GT3076R - what is the spool etc like?

Its pretty responsive. Sounds like a normal medium frame turbo to me as im running an intake pipe n apexi pod. I've actually never heard a 3076 with the anti surge cover. Are there any up sides apart from sound?

Its pretty responsive. Sounds like a normal medium frame turbo to me as im running an intake pipe n apexi pod. I've actually never heard a 3076 with the anti surge cover. Are there any up sides apart from sound?

There is probably a few vids on my Pootube page "34GEETEETEE1" with the old turbo that will give an indication of sound....