SAU Community

Akebono G35/v36 Brake Upgrade Information And Pricing

OK, so I thought I would get some costs on the G35/V35 brake upgrades from Coz Ceh at Concept Z Performance together including airfreight costs for both with and without rotors. I did this as I've just purchased an M35 Stagea which is able to fit these up and wanted to know shipping prices to get them to Australia. I have no affiliation with CZP, just throwing this up for you V-series folks like I've already done for the M35 chaps.

Full Kit w/ Rotors: USD$445-475

Full Kit w/o Rotors: USD$240-280

The range in prices is for East Coast to West Coast delivery.

Specifically these would cover the following kits with Rotors:

- Akebono Infiniti G35 F&R 14 Inch Big Brake Kit w/ Stoptech Rotors, SS Lines, and Motul Fluid - USD$1839.95

- Akebono Infiniti G35 Front & Rear 14 Inch Big Brake Kit w/ Stoptech Rotors, 03-06 Sedan, 03-07 Coupe - USD$1695.95

- Akebono Infiniti G35 Front & Rear 14 Inch Big Brake Kit, 03-06 Sedan, 03-07 Coupe - USD$1549.00

Or the kit without rotors (meaning rotors would need to be sourced locally:

- Akebono Infiniti G35 Front & Rear 14 Inch Big Brake Kit - No Rotors, 03-06 Sedan, 03-07 Coupe - USD$1,405.00

Given that rotors locally could set you back around $1-1.2K, it's probably cheaper to get them all in the one package. That puts the mid-range package with the StopTech rotors at:

- USD$2140.95 (AUD$2020.00) for eastern states delivered

- USD$2170.95 (AUD$2048.00) for Western Australia delivered

(Converstion rate used AUD$1 @ USD$1.06)

Without rotors you're looking at:

- USD$1850.00 (AUD$1746.00) for eastern states delivered

- USD$1880.00 (AUD$$1774.00) for Western Australia delivered

When you consider that a decent set of Brembos from either a BCNR33 or BNR34 can set you back close to $1500-$1800 locally used, which you'd then need to get new pads and potentially rotors for it seems like a steel. Whether you like the Infiniti logo or not is up to you, but CZP provides a service to powder coat and apply a different logo:

CZP Akebono Powder Coated Calipers - ADD ON - USD$350.00 (AUD$331.00)

Unfortunately for my liking, they don't have Silver as a colour for the caliper, but I'm sure it would just require a request (I've sent an email to confirm).

Surface freight is still and option, but you would need to organise it from this end I believe.

Cheers

Brendan

• 3 weeks later...

Can't say i know the difference between the akebono and brembos, but between stock and akebonos difference is amazing. I don't track the car, but on the road the car just pulls up all the time. Zero brake fade and no ABS warning lights. They also fill up a 19" rim much better.

• 3 months later...

yep got the v36 sport and pulls up like crazy. have just ordered the same kit for my z31!

Cheaper than second had brembo's and the callipers are massive!

yep got the v36 sport and pulls up like crazy. have just ordered the same kit for my z31!

Cheaper than second had brembo's and the callipers are massive!

can you clarify this. if yours are the 5stud california turbo hubs I would like to know what the costs where.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah 5 stud cali, BUT.. I am converting to s14 hubs & knuckles.

The kit which has now landed has adaptors that will allow v36 callipers to be mounted on S shassi(200sx).

Although the brakes look big on my v36, wholy cr@p holding the rotors and calipers in your hand... they are massive!

Have also gone with STANCE coilivers that have z31 uppers and s14 lowers.

can you clarify this. if yours are the 5stud california turbo hubs I would like to know what the costs where.

• 3 weeks later...

I am running 18" 350z track wheels and on my v36 they clear brakes, so should be same on z31.

Biggest thing is s14 gear will give around 10mil wider track per side.

I will start pulling apart the rear of my z31 tomorrow in prep for upgrade, so hopefully can report back on progress within the month.

Unfortunately brakes will likely cost you more than what the cars worth.

I am setting up a z31 site shortly and will document my build as will be extensive.

link me when you are done. whilst I do not mind going to an 18" wheel I will need to note offset for these brakes.

whats involved with the S14 swap. IE what bits? (if you are going to sell the 5 stud hubs you have I am certainly interested.)

Taking pics & will do a write up.

All s14 lower lca, arms, hubs, knuckles etc.

Custom coilovers with s14 lowers & z31 upper.

Although done heaps of research, Hopefully all fits & lines up.

Dropped the whole rear subframe & suspension today.

So yes will be basically selling all my 89 z31 Cali running gear from motor to manual box, diff, slotted DBA discs etc.

All in really good nic.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd chime in with an update to this aged thread.... doing some research and this vendor sells on G35driver and for V36's they offer via a link from there the following two cheaper options if you want to forgo SS lines and brakefluid that you probably wouldn't be able to ship anyway:

http://conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=2920

http://conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=3240

Seems you maybe don't need adaptors for the 07+ vehicles

• 8 months later...

It's been a while, however have gone from research to actual. Rear akebono's have been installed on my z31 and front's test fitted.

http://www.zdriver.com.au/index.php/topic/25-californian-s3-22-gtrz15-build/page__st__60#entry1802

All z31 suspension components have been replaced.

Edited by pauls