SAU Community

Ford Corsair / Rb Engine

Hello, I continue in a frustrating debate with my friend who bought a Ford Corsair for 300$ and continues to tell me that it has a RB20 or an RB25 N/A in it.

This quite pisses me off because I know skylines look really good but if he picked a ford up for 300$ with the same power, it shits me off.

Is there anyway I can proove it's not an RB engine without seeing the car, his pop (A mechanic) said in his quick inspection it had the same engine as my N/A skyline.

Is this possible lol.

(AHHHH It's pisses me off ) xD

Ford Corsair UA - AustraliaFord Corsair UA250px-1989-1992_Ford_Corsair_%28UA%29_GL_sedan_02.jpg

Ford Corsair (UA) GL sedanManufacturerFord AustraliaProduction1989–1992 (Built by Nissan Australia)AssemblyClayton, AustraliaSuccessorFord TelstarBody style4-door sedan

5-door hatchbackLayoutFF layoutEngine1974 cc I-4

2389 cc I-4RelatedNissan PintaraBetween 1989 and 1992, the Ford Corsair name was used by Ford Australia for a badge engineering version of the Nissan Pintara (known in development as 'Project Matilda'), under a model-sharing scheme known as the Button Plan. It was offered as a 4-door sedan and as a 5-door hatchback, in GL and Ghia trim levels with 2.0L (CA20E) and and 2.4L (KA24E) four cylinder engines. The Corsair was intended to replace the Mazda 626-based Ford Telstar, which was imported from Japan. The two were sold side-by-side in the Australian Ford range, with the Telstar only available as the high-performance TX5 hatchback. When Nissan closed its Australian plant in 1992, the Corsair was discontinued and the imported Telstar once again became Ford's main offering in the medium size segment, until being replaced by the Mondeo in 1995.<BR style="CLEAR: both">

Oh, FFS. Beaten by mlr!

Glad school holidays are almost over....

Taken from Wiki....

Ford Corsair UA - Australia

Between 1989 and 1992, the Ford Corsair name was used by Ford Australia for a badge engineering version of the Nissan Pintara(known in development as 'Project Matilda'), under a model-sharing scheme known as the Button Plan. It was offered as a 4-door sedanand as a 5-door hatchback, in GL and Ghia trim levels with 2.0L (CA20E) and and 2.4L (KA24E) four cylinder engines. The Corsair was intended to replace the Mazda 626-based Ford Telstar, which was imported from Japan. The two were sold side-by-side in the Australian Ford range, with the Telstar only available as the high-performance TX5 hatchback. When Nissan closed its Australian plant in 1992, the Corsair was discontinued and the imported Telstar once again became Ford's main offering in the medium size segment, until being replaced by the Mondeo in 1995

CA20E

The SOHC 2.0 L (1974 cc) CA20E produces 105 hp (78 kW) and 120 lb·ft (160 Nm). Bore is 3.33 in (84.5 mm) and stroke is 3.46 in (88 mm). It was used from August, 1981 through 1991. Fuel was delivered via Multiport Fuel Injection. Dual sparkplugs per cylinder were used in some variants of this engine for enhanced combustion efficiency, and to combat poor head design.

It was used in the following vehicles:

KA24E

The KA24E was a SOHC12-valve engine produced from July 1988 through January 1996. It uses SEFI fuel injection, and features forged steel connecting rods, an internally balanced forged steel crankshaft, and a cast aluminum intake manifold.

[edit]Specifications

• Bore × Stroke: 89.0 × 96.0 mm
  • Max power: 140 hp (105 kW) @ 5600 rpm
  • Max torque: 152 lb·ft (206 Nm) @ 4400 rpm
  • Valve Configuration: SOHC, 12 valves
  • Compression ratio: 8.6:1 (9.1:1 for early 1989 240SX)

[edit]Applications

Edited by PN-Mad

sounds like your mate is very confused . . . a FWD CA20E is Very different to a RWD/AWD RB. . . the CA was a small port/SOHC cam motor that was more suitable for taking nanna to her lawn bowls and not much else

you are petty little boy Brendon....

Big deal if it could beat yours, most things on the road can....

Who waves the flag when you guys start your traffic light grand prix?

As everyone has said, go to the drags for bragging rights, everything is speculation until then...

was not saying pretty :)

I was interested to see if someone had gone to the effort of putting an RB into something abit different like a corsair and thought maybe there was some questions/pics/details about it.

All i find is some kid whinging " it shits me off." "(AHHHH It's pisses me off ) xD " if it were to beat his n/a skyline....

LOL, what about if it has the KA25E, any chance of him being able to beat me if I reverse?

KA25E? hmmm didnt know about that motor,Thought there was only a KA24E , as used in the states (200SX?)but often replaced by a SR20DET

either way there wouldnt be room in the engine bay of a corsair for a transverse mounted RB25 . . too long