Bernard Tomic's Selling The M3

gtr13

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Democracy is Democracy if you don't like laws discuss and protest or vote in favour of people who will change the laws to your liking. Saying STFU or GTFO is just small minded. He has the means to bypass the laws if he so chooses that's all I am saying. Though I would love to see some long term peer reviewed papers about the affects these laws are actually having on the road toll amongst novice drivers and how it goes on to affect them when they move to an unrestricted license.

Or is he better than all the other 19 year old kids that want there dream car?

Well, yes, he can actually afford it and apparently didn't crash it in a giant fireball as various road authorities would claim is the only outcome for any young driver and a car with more than two HP.

The problem is he obviously didn't buy an M3 because of it's driving qualities, he bought something he wanted to attract attention in and he got too much of it.

Exactly they may as well just ban high power cars for everyone unless its for work. I think that would be the only fair thing to do, only allow turbo diesel utes. Then when there are enough quick charge points and electric cars on the market ban internal combustion engines all together and limit power on electric cars like the tesla or ban it all together. Enough people have died on our roads it's time for the only logical answer.

Not sure if srs

Democracy is Democracy if you don't like laws discuss and protest or vote in favour of people who will change the laws to your liking. Saying STFU or GTFO is just small minded. He has the means to bypass the laws if he so chooses that's all I am saying. Though I would love to see some long term peer reviewed papers about the affects these laws are actually having on the road toll amongst novice drivers and how it goes on to affect them when they move to an unrestricted license.

Exactly they may as well just ban high power cars for everyone unless its for work. I think that would be the only fair thing to do, only allow turbo diesel utes. Then when there are enough quick charge points and electric cars on the market ban internal combustion engines all together and limit power on electric cars like the tesla or ban it all together. Enough people have died on our roads it's time for the only logical answer.

lmfao, now stfu & gtfo

seriously.

Edited by madbung

Sure if they can reduce the chances of young drivers having fatal crashes by restricting them to low power cars then the same should apply across the board. Oh wait that's right the government only like to target the minority with dumb laws and they don't want to risk upsetting automotive big business by banning half their lineup. So safety only matters when they keep their revenue up and largest voting group happy.....

Oh ffs, with time comes knowledge, experience and maturity... how is it you do not understand this?

At the age of 19 (bernies age) you are little more than a stunted malformed nublet when it comes to risk assessment. Of course being little more than a child it is understandable you can not comprehend any of these facts and will continue to whine like a little whelp.

Good day!

lmfao, now stfu & gtfo

seriously.

Why Are you positively annoyed friend?? Nothing illegal about it if he chooses to live abroad since he works internationally. If the authorities have an issue they can always change the laws to close loopholes. im not sure how much time he spends here at all since most tournaments are OS besides what the hopman cup and the aus open?

So a stunted nublett can consume alcohol go to war etc. but cant handle driving an audi Q5 or a C200 compressor (slower than an M3 but still...). OK i understand now sorry it took a while for my undeveloped brain to understand your logic and congrats on your uncanny ability to deduce my age through a computer screen. Personal insults are a great way to communicate by the way ;). I'm out.

Edited by Desavona

Listen the authorities give no f**k how many young dickheads kill themselves nor do i, in some instances I would even encourage it. It's the people being endangered by these peanuts while trying to go about their daily lives that these laws are for. No one cares what happens to you, it's the people around you we're concerned about.

Picking any of what i'm laying down up?

No, then try again in 5 yrs.. you might be half way to being wise enough to figure it out by then.

Why Are you positively annoyed friend?? Nothing illegal about it if he chooses to live abroad since he works internationally. If the authorities have an issue they can always change the laws to close loopholes. im not sure how much time he spends here at all since most tournaments are OS besides what the hopman cup and the aus open?

So a stunted nublett can consume alcohol go to war etc. but cant handle driving an audi Q5 or a C200 compressor (slower than an M3 but still...). OK i understand now sorry it took a while for my undeveloped brain to understand your logic and congrats on your uncanny ability to deduce my age through a computer screen. Personal insults are a great way to communicate by the way ;). I'm out.

You are mentally about 17 y.o at best, your physical age is of no relevance.

Jethro Tull, thick as a brick... have a listen.

And there it is again.... another round of idiocy from the peanut gallery. supply and demand. if there is no market/demand for a product whether it's for legal reasons or simply a lack of demand manufacturers generally adjust their thinking to the current economic climate and build what is needed (so they can sell it) not what they want. Those that don't are not manufacturers for long.

Cars are a product, they are built and sold for profit.

Smart business or just plain common sense?

Exactly, I agreee. What's your point? I'm sure many people will agree too. But most people don't go around breaking the laws because they don't like them. :S

But since the laws are in place, there shouldn't be the "i'm rich/famous" vs. "everyone".

the thing the high powered restrictions is that they aren't just there to stop people getting killed. it's also just to stop them getting injured. as well as to restrict the potential for injury. young drivers, regardless of how many kms they do each day, are generally immature and are more likely to be lured into racing the car next to them in the traffic light GP. not saying that older people don't do this, but they are more likely to think twice about it. or at least know when to back off if they do go ahead with it.

the thing the high powered restrictions is that they aren't just there to stop people getting killed. it's also just to stop them getting injured. as well as to restrict the potential for injury. young drivers, regardless of how many kms they do each day, are generally immature and are more likely to be lured into racing the car next to them in the traffic light GP. not saying that older people don't do this, but they are more likely to think twice about it. or at least know when to back off if they do go ahead with it.

Yeah you make a fair point. But do you think that better driver education and training would accomplish the desired result infinitely better than ad hoc car restrictions that aren't even uniform Australia wide? The attitude problem with certain people cant be solved with a bandage solution designed to evoke an emotional response from the voter base. It needs to be attacked at the root of the issue.

And in general i see a lot of poor/dangerous driving from all sorts, young/old/male/female. If some one is irresponsible / a poor driver when on their Ps/Ls that needs to be addressed early this has nothing to do with what car they drive. Graduating a 3 years Ps system is no guarantee of instant maturity or instant driving ability the next day, when the can legally go out and buy whatever they want. :)

Yeah you make a fair point. But do you think that better driver education and training would accomplish the desired result infinitely better than ad hoc car restrictions that aren't even uniform Australia wide? The attitude problem with certain people cant be solved with a bandage solution designed to evoke an emotional response from the voter base. It needs to be attacked at the root of the issue.

And in general i see a lot of poor/dangerous driving from all sorts, young/old/male/female. If some one is irresponsible / a poor driver when on their Ps/Ls that needs to be addressed early this has nothing to do with what car they drive. Graduating a 3 years Ps system is no guarantee of instant maturity or instant driving ability the next day, when the can legally go out and buy whatever they want. :)

yes i think driver education/training is a better solution, but it isn't going to happen because it costs the government more money than simply saying "no you can't drive these cars".

as for the laws not being australia wide, well given that each state controls it's own transport system, it is hard for the federal government to impose national laws since each state has to agree with the proposal. it may happen in the future, but not in the near future. i understand it is a bit silly, but that is the way politics is.

Oh ffs, with time comes knowledge, experience and maturity... how is it you do not understand this?

At the age of 19 (bernies age) you are little more than a stunted malformed nublet when it comes to risk assessment. Of course being little more than a child it is understandable you can not comprehend any of these facts and will continue to whine like a little whelp.

Good day!

You're full of shit. I've just turned 20 and I don't overtake on blind corners, when there's oncoming traffic, speed through built up areas or do whatever else an idiot does. It has nothing to do with age whatsoever, it's the person behind the wheel. I shake my head constantly at ALL forms of drivers, from P platers to old people and everyone in between. The amount of risks I see people taking each day on the road is unbelievable.

You know why I don't take risks? Because I value my licence and don't feel like winding up wrapped around a tree or next to a locust on a Peterbilts grill.

Your opinion proves that you're nothing more than a stunted malformed nublet with a cock that has receded into his body and eyes that aren't fit to navigate the road, due to old age. f**k up you imbecile, seriously. Your opinions are so bullshit.

I guarantee during day to day driving I am as competent and safe as anyone on this forum. I am also onto it when it comes to avoiding accidents, I've had tons of idiots nearly kill themselves and I on the Bruce Highway. When you drive on a stretch of road like that every day for years, you become an alert, competent and safe driver. I've had someone try and steal my rims and my wheel has fallen off at 110 clicks with no room to move and oncoming traffic, I hit the hazards and pulled over smoothly. Plenty of drivers would have freaked the f**k out and crashed. I had semi's on one side and a 30 foot drop into the abyss on the other. I know how to handle shit safely on the road and I don't drive like a f**king imbecile. Pull your f**king head in and stop thinking anyone younger than you is a dumbass.

I hope a middle aged bloke smacks into your car while he isn't paying attention. I bet if it happened though, you'd concoct some story about how a P plater took you out while overtaking on a bridge which also happened to be on the crest of a hill :rolleyes: I also hope your incontinent bowel causes you to shit throughout the interior of every car you drive.

Good day, phaggot!

Edited by kawasakirider