SAU Community

So, My Car Turns Off While I'm Driving...

SkyBlue92

Hey all,

2 days ago I was driving out of my street, as I turned the corner my engine cut off. Same thing happened to me again today,

Now I've checked the alternator, all pipes, the battery I have a full tank, fuses are good, Did engine code check nothing came up,

The only thing I can think of is I have a remote start alarm, do u reckon when they installed it it was a dodgy?

Or does anyone else have a simialr problem or experiences this or knows someone who has?

Thanks guys,

Oh n I took it to Nissan already n the couldn't find a problem...

Edited by SkyBlue92

Check your AFM. Had/having a similar prob with my car and even though it's turbo the symptoms sounds similar.

Does your car simply stall like you have turned it off, or does it start running rough and then slowly die? A bit more info about the circumstances under which it's happening will help.

Ok so it just dies a little after I've driven, n like the 4th time I was only backing out of my driveway I got stuck half on the road half on the driveway... and it's not a turbo, at a 25 GT lol...

Umm, also it seems to happen when it hasnt been driven for a few hours,?

Uhh..

oh and a critical bit of info, it's an automatic...

I got a Python alarm installed in October, of last year so 4 myths ago... The first time the alarm went off was a week ago I dunno if that would have anything to do with it nyw..

N sometimes the revs drop to 400rpms then it cuts off but mostly it happens straight away.

Edited by SkyBlue92

when my car use to be NA Auto in my 34 i had this exact same problem.. For me it turned out to be a very rare electrical problem.. I didn't know very much about cars as i do now but back then i never found out what the cause was but i got it fixed at an auto elec after a mechanic spent a few days trying to figure it out and had no luck turned out to be an electrical issue causing the car to turn off

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be my crank angle sensor which caused low idle so it wouldn't catch the revs sometimes when slowing down. You could try raise your idle speed slightly to see if it fixes it for the time being

Mayb the ignition thing where I insert the keys is loose,?

I like my keychains,

Should u b able to turn ur car off whilst in drive?

Sounds dodgy cause I can,

Maybe the lock Is broken,?

Yeah I don't know a lot about it pretty basic stuff but I'm learning with help from u guys thnx ^_^

From my own experie, i have had same problem as you and i fixed this recently, my battery terminals were really loose and even though i tighten them they go really loose again and every bump i hit or a corner my car will shut off so i changed both possitive and negative terminals and that problem fixed, next problem was i am driving on freeway and my car just shut off wouldnt stay on even when gear was in so i went emergency lane and tried to start my car, it would start so i called my friend we figure out it was my turbo timer that kept my car from starting and all dash lights were on but car didint start so turned off turbo timer and it started dunno if it was just once off thing but left turbo timer off and cars never had problem anymore touch wood, but i havent fixed that problem as long as it off car is sweet,

lol I didn't get this much help when I was having a similar problem......i'm running the wrong gender :P

It sounds like something simple enough and if the solution is not clear, you should just work you way through the options starting at the least expensive. Give your AFM and air filter a good clean out and check the plug is making good contact/not fouled up. Then move up the list.

GL

lol I didn't get this much help when I was having a similar problem......i'm running the wrong gender :P

It sounds like something simple enough and if the solution is not clear, you should just work you way through the options starting at the least expensive. Give your AFM and air filter a good clean out and check the plug is making good contact/not fouled up. Then move up the list.

GL

Haha lol ^_^ can't help it if I'm a chick lol >P

Woah there's so many things it could be :,(

Lol I'm getting the wiring checked for my remote start on wednesday,

N if that doesn't help I'll be putting in a new afm and ECU n getting it tuned...

Hopefully one of these will help...

And Thanks guys for the help ^_^, I'll keep u posted,