SAU Community

Cleaning pod filter?

HKS is the green/yellow mesh like stuff yeah?

My friend has one on his car, he just took the mesh out and threw it in the wash :D said it worked wonders, sounds abit louder now too.

Either that or just hose it from the inside out. Just make sure you leave it to dry fully before you put on back in your car ;)

be careful. i had the green HKS one and when i washed it it destroyed itself. when i put it back on, chunks of it kept breaking off and hitting my AFM and clogging it up, causing the whole car to battle when driving. ended up costing me $70 for a new filter. much brighter green though.

Thanks Terminal: i think i better get a new one soon, because i think the pervious owner already use it for a long time. By the way do u have a cold air box for ur pod? Because i felt the pod filter is not as nice as the K&N panel filter..... and quite nosie too...

Thanks again for the experience

steven

Guest INASNT
Redbaboon is right, the HKS filter elements are throw away.

that would become expensive after awhile.

The K/N filter cleaner kit is very good for k/N filters and gives the pod a good clean. U can even use the cleaner fluid as a light engine degreaser

yeh it is expensive to keep the HKS pod filters maintained and they filter like crap. K&N are awesome, and Apexi just as good (the legalness (in vic anyway) of the paper type apexi is a big turn on as well)