SAU Community

Boosting High Under No Load

SYK-200

Hey guys, well i rebuilt an rb25det s2 as my school project, and chucked it in a 180sx, here are the mods we done:

-forged pistons

-rb26 conrods

-greddy front facing manifold

-90mm throttle body

-tomei valve springs

-still using stock turbo/cams/ecu

and ever since me and my brother got it started it would boost up under no load, u just sit their and rev it, and can see the boost climbing and climbing until it gets to about 10-12 where we set the boost controller, so what could cause this? running really rich under no load? timing is out?

any other ideas would be really helpful as we havnt been able to drive it for a few months now as we both been busy and have no clue wat the problem is

so u reckon iv'e put the cams in wrong, like retarded a few teeth? so the exhaust cam is opening alot sooner, which is causing the loss in power and boosting up? il check it out!

yeah i dont start it very often and now i found a bigger problem, it seems like oil hasnt been getting to one of the exhaust cam caps and the cam cap and the camshaft itself has been grinding alot.....its very very worn away, will probably need a new cam now...bugger