SAU Community

Rc Drifting / Racing

G4orce

Hey Guys, After 10 years of being out of the hobby got my self a Tamiya TT01-D and have done a few mods, just wondering where do you guys in Melbourne slide or race and when ? im from western suburbs Melbourne, i know of one track in keilor. on keilor park drive but they don't really drift there. Any info will be great.

Edited by G4orce

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They do Tarmac drifting/circuit racing on Sundays at dandenong net ball centre out side on the car park with proper set up tracks and official.. But that's probably bait too far for you

went for a run yesterday at keilor to do some track laps , adjusted the ESC, timing, power, etc, I was stoked with the performance, blew the spur gear to shreds on the 3th lap. I did a few power slides, think those power slides f**k the gears.

I knew i should have changed the gears after the motor upgrade.. I wonder why they dont make the gears metal.

Edited by G4orce

Get an X-ray and you can get the decent gearing. Most of the tt01 and entry level kits are ok for the good hack and bash but nothing to full in. My first car 9 years ago was a tt01 I then started racing as I found it much more exciting than drifting. Each to their own though.

Have a look though at rctech website for general info and purchase some parts from tower hobbies, rc mart, a main hobbies to name a few

ooh I just got back into rc cars as well laugh.gif I have a rwd converted HPI E10 and a HPI RS4 3 EVO+ which I just got recently.

Any places close or around northern suburbs? cops came to my mate's house a few weeks ago cos nitro rc cars make noise pollution so yerrrrr....

btw ima drifter but dont mind racing too, its just that its a bit too crashy but maybe i just suck lol

191 Dorset Rd, Boronia (opposite 198A on Google Maps). Dunno about comps etc as I don't have any RC cars

Believe the boronia on-roads meet wednesday nights. There's an off-road electric track at Carrington Reserve in knoxfield behind the bunnings if anyones that way inclined. Raced there for years, really good club that meets every second sunday.

went for a run yesterday at keilor to do some track laps , adjusted the ESC, timing, power, etc, I was stoked with the performance, blew the spur gear to shreds on the 3th lap. I did a few power slides, think those power slides f**k the gears.

I knew i should have changed the gears after the motor upgrade.. I wonder why they dont make the gears metal.

What do you mean you adjusted the timing and power through the ESC? Spurs are plastic because they are a weak link in the drive train. I'd much rather blow a spur than a diff. If your motor is aligned properly, you shouldn't eat spurs at all, apart from the rare occasion where a rock may get stuck between the spur and pinion. Usually they get spat out, though.

There should also be a slight bit of play in the meshing of the gear. Between the pinion and the spur aim for just over half a mil of play, too much and it will strip not enough and the same will occur.

Timing has been included now for esc of brushless motors and the motors themselves. Some of the new esc have an option called turbo and can be tuned through a laptop. To be honest it's not that new anymore and can be commonly found in the more expensive range.

Now If memory serves me correct the tt01 was shaft drive, don't even think about using some of the higher end motors as the shafts don't respond too well to high amounts of torque. Belt driven cars are more for the high end brushless which leave nitro for dead.

While we're on topic of RC cars, Driftcity.org is probably the biggest site and club in Australia for RC drifting, but the club revolves around Brisbane and Goldcoast mainly although all are welcome

Here's my toy - TC6 FT (Carbon chassis), 180SX Type X shell, still a work in progress.

408163_345290658849645_100001061428018_1108655_2053943860_n.jpg

Not a lot around here in Perth so my car pretty much collects dust on the shelf except for when it needs to come out to dispell any brushless myths :devil:

I will say however, I wouldn't waste too much money/time/effort on the TT01 (been there, done that) as they really are only entry level and cannot handle any decent power.

My setup is a HPI Pro-D with Mamba Max brushless & esc but only on a 2S lipo for now.. fkn hauls ass!

Bubba you have a few track to choose from:

- Baywater on moojebing Street on Sunday morning

- Also P.R.E.C.C (carpet racing)

- bunbury way you can also race with them. (cant recall name but have been there and it aint too bad at all)

Also there was talk of a new track a bit past Joondalup in the future.

Sliding Alex - nice work on the TC6, always a good contender. My brother still races the TC3 in national and state comps and does quite will, just finished 11th nationally in an 8 year old car.