SAU Community

Looks Like A Faulty 02 Sensor (New Member)

madmatsmadhouse

Hows it going guys, im new to this forum and am still figuring out how to navigate through it.. I am also a new owner of a white 1998 r34 25gt, and am new to the nissan world :D..

2 days after i picked the car up my engine light came on.. (FFFFFFFUUUUUU ....KKKKKK).. i looked up how to get the fault codes out of the computer from this forum and im getting fault code 33. Now correct me if im wrong but this had something to do with the 02 sensor either under volting or over volting for a long period of time. Now my drive to work is about a hour and ten minutes, which i drive to and from 5 days a week.. I cleared the fault codes and 2 days later the engine light came back on and is still on, and i am yet to check it but my guess is it will spit out fault code 33 again..

I guess im going to need a new 02 sensor but heres my problem.. I cant find where to get one lol, no one sells them. Can someone give me a bit of guidance of where i can get a 02 sensor and other parts for the r34.

Also where would i post on the forum to ask if anyone knows any history on my car.. its always been around victoria..

thanks for reading and help would be appreciated..

CheerZ guys

MAT

the engine light came back on the other day driving home. i checked it and it came up with code 33 again. I had a go at playing with the wires and all but obviously has not worked. the plug and wires seem to be in good condition.

im just going to buy a o2 sensor and wack it in. the oem part is fair expensive for what it is.. i took a look and tried to find where i could get an ntk sensor from. found one on ebay i might get if i cant find a cheaper one.. says it comes from kudos Motorsport..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NTK-Oxygen-Sensor-Nissan-Skyline-R32-R33-RB20-RB25-/220648877833

Thanks again guys

MAT

Edited by madmatsmadhouse

ok so i want to use a 02 sensor from a r33. iv been told i can do it but will need to do a bit of a mod. iv seen somewhere some pictures and a write up on how to do it. i think there was a few fittings to change the threat size or something from memory..

can someone point me in the right direction of where i could find another write up or something..

CheerZ

MAT

get this tool with it mate, coz its gonna be a bitch to take out..

youll need to get around the wire and the only tool u can use is this i reckon.. spanners wont fit and its always seized up so u will have to use a lot of torque to take it out.. I had to hammer then large wrench i had to create enough torque to leave it come undone..

you will also find WD40 handy and a warm engines always good..

http://www.kudosmoto...22mm-p-640.html

its pretty staright forward if you know where the sensor is.. if u dont, let me know and ill point you to it,

so all u do is warm engine up

spray wd40

fit socket (link posted above) onto sensor and try to loosen it out..

once its out, disconnect the plug at the other end

replace sensor with the new one (screw it in place and plug in the connection)

Edited by v8 eater

thanks

stat1c-

yeah iv already got one of them tools had to do a 02 sensor on me tx3 turbo a few months ago. iv got a high impact version after i cracked the first tool in 4 spots trying to get the old sensor out haha..

all i need to know is whats needed to fit the sensor from an r33 to an r34.. its some sort of fitting or something i think..

thanks

• 2 months later...

i ended up getting the sensor. as people said yes the sr20 sensor works:D..

the ntk part number is - 0ZA395-E2

only thing was i had to use my original plug. just crimped the ends from the new sensor with the plug that came off the original one out of the car.

oh and it was only $62.. bit better the $200 for the oem sensor :P

thanks for the help guys..

Edited by madmatsmadhouse